Old Vic emo tapes/7 inches

Shirts, CDs, 7"s, LPs, Gear, Vans, Lawnmowers

Moderators: Andrew, dalamar501

stumped.
Prefers ke$ha

Old Vic emo tapes/7 inches

Post by stumped. »

hey guys, i was wondering if anyone knew who i could contact or where i could find any releases from bands like ache hour credo/m blanket/shiner/republic of freedom fighters... or any other band that was a branch off of that scene basically

get at me! i'm trying to get as much local stuff like that together as i possibly can
gonna do some coke off my doom cannon if you get my drift
officespace
VIHC Poster

Re: Old Vic emo tapes/7 inches

Post by officespace »

good luck!

-warren
age of quarrel wrote:No one poser exposes me more than the twins
Andrew
Sea bass

Post by Andrew »

I purchased the entire Slow To Burn stock years ago. The last box of records I had from it I brought to a Troyler show and gave away. Troy might still have the box if they havn't all been grabbed.

I might have a couple things for you.
xchadx
notable fraudster/loser nerd/homophobe

Post by xchadx »

Last edited by xchadx on Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XXX
tylerp
Site Admin

Post by tylerp »

troy has the box, we still have a few dupes and you should grab a handful of them for a little troyler donation.

I'm a HUGE ROFF and Render Useless fan. I have the ROFF LP, split flexi, split with Render Useless, and the other Render Useless 7"s and their demo tape. and a bootleg ROFF shirt.

this stuff is interesting because a lot of people are really into this stuff and yet there are a lot of older dudes sitting on a ton of it not thinking anyone cares. Bubba was the one who sold me that split flexi and told me some stories. I don't think the other bands in the same scene have quite the spark of listening longevity but they're still really good.
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂
Andrew
Sea bass

Post by Andrew »

Sadly I should mention too that a lot of the Slow To Burn records I had were thrown out. I sold the lion's share of my distro to a guy whose girlfriend threw it in the trash when he broke up with her, so there's less copies of the Slow To Burn records floating around than you'd think.
tylerp
Site Admin

Post by tylerp »

I recall another distro that has a lot of Mountain releases like Render Useless. I think they bought up all the old Mountain stock. I'll see if I can find the little ad I got in a record order from vinyl junkie but I'm not sure if I kept it.
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂
stumped.
Prefers ke$ha

Post by stumped. »

i'd love to go through this box! how much of a donation do you think troy would like to see?
what does the bootleg roff shirt look like? is it just the LP cover? i'd love to scan that and get it printed onto a shirt

which reminds me: CHAD. did you ever find that los crudos/spitboy split so i can make a bootleg with the record cover?!
trappedinside
Posting while trapped inside an elevator

Post by trappedinside »

the republic of freedom fighters flexi is with third world planet right? another amazing old victoria band who everyone has totally forgotten about.
Andrew
Sea bass

Post by Andrew »

stumped. wrote: which reminds me: CHAD. did you ever find that los crudos/spitboy split so i can make a bootleg with the record cover?!
Do you just need to borrow this record, or are you after a copy to own?
tylerp
Site Admin

Post by tylerp »

yeah, the shirt is just the LP art. a dude actually bothered to make a screen of it and make it. he was in the band Fire Team Charlie and posts as CaseyPower on vivalavinyl.
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂
stumped.
Prefers ke$ha

Post by stumped. »

Andrew wrote:
stumped. wrote: which reminds me: CHAD. did you ever find that los crudos/spitboy split so i can make a bootleg with the record cover?!
i have the record on my computer so i'm just looking to borrow it to scan the album art at the moment
Andrew
Sea bass

Post by Andrew »

stumped. wrote:
Andrew wrote:
i have the record on my computer so i'm just looking to borrow it to scan the album art at the moment
I'll bring it to work tomorrow.
tylerp
Site Admin

Post by tylerp »

two more funny tidbits:

1) Once I showed Carey Mercer (of Frog Eyes, formerly of ROFF) my ROFF shirt. He looked awkward and embarrassed for me and tried to explain to me that he was really young when he was in that band and thinks that they didn't really record anything of value. Then some girl started talking to him.
2) Paul Block of Render Useless is now a fully functioning adult working for a school somewhere in Victoria. I think he's a principal. I suspect that he grew up.
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂
xchadx
notable fraudster/loser nerd/homophobe

Post by xchadx »

XXX