Early 70's Gibson SG-I

Shirts, CDs, 7"s, LPs, Gear, Vans, Lawnmowers

Moderators: Andrew, dalamar501

tylerp
Site Admin

Early 70's Gibson SG-I

Post by tylerp »

http://victoria.en.craigslist.ca/msg/2565730654.html
This is an awesome, American-made, vintage Gibson SG. The SG-I is a version of the SG with a single mini humbucker in the bridge. There were two versions of the SG-I made - the good vintage 70's one and the crappier 90's reissue. This is the 70's one. I believe it to be 1972, but I am not certain - dating the serial code and model makes it ambiguously between 1972 and 1974, though you may be better at this sort of research than me.

The guitar is totally stock, with two exceptions:
-The original tuners have been replaced with Grovers. If you really want this to be all-original, you can find vintage Gibson parts for sale, but I think the Grovers are better. I do not have the original tuners.
-I replaced the original black-cover Gibson mini humbucker with a Seymour Duncan SM-2 "Custom" mini humbucker because I wanted higher output.

I still have the original pickup and will include it in the deal. It works fine, it was just a little quiet for my tastes.

The guitar comes with a well-fitting unbranded case which seems to be vintage as well.

There are some very small scuffs and tiny nicks but this guitar is in next to immaculate condition. I'll let you check it out for yourself.

I mostly played this in my bedroom and the guy who owned it before me did the same.so it's in excellent condition. This is a great price on a vintage American Gibson.

I have included a picture of the same model. If you want to see mine, come check it out. Serious buyers only, don't waste my time if you don't intend to buy it.

As usual, VIHC discount applies.

I got a new guitar and have to offset the cost of that. This one was my backup in Watcher. I originally planned on putting P90s in but they don't fit the route. Mini humbuckers are cool though.
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂