any available guitar guys?

Discuss music. Do not post mediafire/sendspace links at all in this forum.

Moderators: Andrew, dalamar501

Hollow
from the makers of infant hair dye

Re: any available guitar guys?

Post by Hollow »

Human-Demise wrote:
Hollow wrote:That may be what you have to deal with. In my band, my opinion on riffs matters, but it's taken as just one voice. If I'm outvoted, hey tough shit. If I really like a song, I'll say so, but honestly in the end it's up to the people actually writing the music to decide how it's going to sound. I like to say it, but if you don't like it, you may want to consider dropping out.
i would, but then the band would fall apart. ego-y yes, but i am the glue, i run the site, provide transport for the guitar player. i set up the equipment. if im not tthere those things just dont end up getting done. voting would work if the drummer would ever form an opinion on any thing, hes sooo damn passive. oh well. if i had an outlet for my fast stuff, then that might work better. we'll see i guess.

Well, it's your band dude, you have to interact with it the way you choose how. Good luck man, hope things work out.
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
trappedinside
Posting while trapped inside an elevator

Post by trappedinside »

man for someone who's on here begging people to start bands with him all the time you sure are picky. either have fun with your band even if it's maybe not exactly the ideal sound you envision or quit and stop complaining.
Human-Demise
anyone out there still wishing cattle decapitation sounded like this?

Post by Human-Demise »

trappedinside wrote:man for someone who's on here begging people to start bands with him all the time you sure are picky. either have fun with your band even if it's maybe not exactly the ideal sound you envision or quit and stop complaining.
it is a bit beggars cant be choosers, but i wanted to do grind, and ended up with something like sleep or eyehategod. good stuff, yes. but not what i wanted to do. i try to have as much fun with the band as i can. but its hard cause i dont have input on the music and they keep telling me how to do my part.
also i think you re being a bit critical. at the end off the day you get to play grindcore and play music you enjoy, at the end off the day i end up with music that i dont enjoy playing and doesnt represent how if feel.
"hahaha, you were moved, wuss."
trappedinside
Posting while trapped inside an elevator

Post by trappedinside »

It's true, I'm obnoxiously lucky to be in a band with people on the same page musically as I am and I'm grateful for this, but it sure as fuck didn't start out that way and I've spent my share of time doing vocals just because it was fun and I liked being in a band even if the songs were not "good" by any stretch (Cyborg Justice when we started out) or were not really how I would have wanted them to sound (SBB when I first sort of joined it). I don't mean to be critical or say that you shouldn't try to start a grind project or whatever, and it sucks if they're trying to tell you exactly what you should be doing, but is complaining about it on a public forum (not to mention a thread in which you're trying to get people together to start a new project with you) really helping anything?
Human-Demise

Post by Human-Demise »

trappedinside wrote:....but is complaining about it on a public forum (not to mention a thread in which you're trying to get people together to start a new project with you) really helping anything?
no, but feels good to vent.
any ways, this thread isnt yielding anything other than free therapy (which i appreciate). if anybody is interested in some grind, let me know.
ZACH ATTACK
RAP SNACKS

Post by ZACH ATTACK »

If Willa started telling me how my riffs should sound I'd tell him to learn how to play an instrument. Like wise I'm sure that if I started telling him how his vocals should sound he'd tell me to learn how to sing. So maybe you should just learn how to play the guitar or something.
I grew wings and a beak just to stay on my feet.
Human-Demise

Post by Human-Demise »

ZACH ATTACK wrote:If Willa started telling me how my riffs should sound I'd tell him to learn how to play an instrument. Like wise I'm sure that if I started telling him how his vocals should sound he'd tell me to learn how to sing. So maybe you should just learn how to play the guitar or something.
i would except that would put me way back again, and it would be a long while before im good enough o do shows.
ZACH ATTACK
RAP SNACKS

Post by ZACH ATTACK »

So? If you want to be in a band that's good and true to your artistic vision then taking a long time before your heady to play shows shouldn't be a problem. If you just want to boost your ego and play shows then you shouldn't be worrying about what kind of music it is. But you can't really have your cake and eat it too.
Human-Demise

Post by Human-Demise »

ZACH ATTACK wrote:So? If you want to be in a band that's good and true to your artistic vision then taking a long time before your heady to play shows shouldn't be a problem. If you just want to boost your ego and play shows then you shouldn't be worrying about what kind of music it is. But you can't really have your cake and eat it too.
a bit of both. i guess im rather impatient. its taken me three years to get the band i have now going, and we've only really started playing shows recently. i guess i dont want to wait that long again to do the part i enjoy the most.
ZACH ATTACK
RAP SNACKS

Post by ZACH ATTACK »

Then you don't really have a lot of options.....
Human-Demise

Post by Human-Demise »

ZACH ATTACK wrote:Then you don't really have a lot of options.....
no i dont, thats kinda the reason i started this.
Human-Demise

Post by Human-Demise »

bumping this cause the search continues, so some of this has changed, i dont really care about technical at this point just fast and angry is all i want. and that the drum machine has taken a walk so, id be interested in actually drumming for this.
blowuptheworld

Post by blowuptheworld »

Still looking?

Would be interested.
Human-Demise

Post by Human-Demise »

blowuptheworld wrote:Still looking?

Would be interested.
yeah i'm still looking. ive got about nine song programmed on drums. i could send em your way and you can see if theyre you kind of thang.
blowuptheworld

Post by blowuptheworld »

It's this, amirite?
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1623

It's pretty goofy but in a good way. I dig it.
PM'd
Human-Demise

Post by Human-Demise »

blowuptheworld wrote:It's this, amirite?
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1623

It's pretty goofy but in a good way. I dig it.
PM'd
no, this would be something very different.
keith.
Prefers Tide Coldwater

Post by keith. »

Human-Demise wrote: melvins covers.
youre not doing these why?
Human-Demise

Post by Human-Demise »

keith. wrote:
Human-Demise wrote: melvins covers.
youre not doing these why?
no other human can sing like king buzo, especial none in my group