Pop Punk

Discuss music. Do not post mediafire/sendspace links at all in this forum.

Moderators: Andrew, dalamar501

LAxPB
VIOLENCE AGAINST VIOLENCE

Re: Pop Punk

Post by LAxPB »

This thread is a classic example of why trying to lump bands into certain genres is a bad idea.
ian
VIHC Poster

Post by ian »

LAxPB wrote:This thread is a classic example of why trying to lump bands into certain genres is a bad idea.
lets just call everything were not certain about lumpcore
heartlessatbest
Probably not a spambot

Post by heartlessatbest »

baha lumpcore
Jordan f.
Smoke Weed, Hail Satan

Post by Jordan f. »

grungePIG wrote:
Jordan f. wrote:
Hollow wrote:Alkaline Trio
I never would have pictured you'd liking them. When I get home can we listen to From Here To Infirmary and eat vegan pizza?

I love pop-punk

He spent 15 years, getting loaded. 15 years till his liver exploded, now what's gonna do now that he can't drink? THE DOCKER SAID....
the bolded part is my fb status right now and my mom wrote me a message about how concerned she is about my drinking habits...parents need to brush up on their pop punk knowledge.
this made me laugh so hard hahahaha.
Victoria Straight Edge
New West Crew
LET THE ROUNDUPS BEGIN

Post by New West Crew »

Jordan f. wrote:
I never would have pictured you'd liking them. When I get home can we listen to From Here To Infirmary and eat vegan pizza?

I love pop-punk

He spent 15 years, getting loaded. 15 years till his liver exploded, now what's gonna do now that he can't drink? THE DOCKER SAID....
I didn't read this thread after I saw this post.

How can you not picture Willa liking them, they have GLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMYYY imagery!

They also started (and still sound like) out as a Smoking Popes worship band (and actually had a member of Smoking Popes) which is a plus.

They've also never put out a bad record, which is impressive for such a long running band that is now on a Major and is beloved by scene hopping douchebags.
Hollow
from the makers of infant hair dye

Post by Hollow »

New West Crew wrote:
Jordan f. wrote:

I love pop-punk

How can you not picture Willa liking them, they have GLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMYYY imagery!

They also started (and still sound like) out as a Smoking Popes worship band (and actually had a member of Smoking Popes) which is a plus.

They've also never put out a bad record, which is impressive for such a long running band that is now on a Major and is beloved by scene hopping douchebags.

Actually, I didn't even see the imagery until WAY after I got into them....but yeah, I dig their aesthetic.

Also, back the "never put out a bad record" line. They put out albums that were worse than others, but never BAD. Just not up to what they could be.
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
New West Crew
LET THE ROUNDUPS BEGIN

Post by New West Crew »

Hollow wrote:
New West Crew wrote:
Jordan f. wrote:

I love pop-punk

Actually, I didn't even see the imagery until WAY after I got into them....but yeah, I dig their aesthetic.

Also, back the "never put out a bad record" line. They put out albums that were worse than others, but never BAD. Just not up to what they could be.
I actually think the aesthetic remarkably well done, considering it's something I'd normally find kind of silly. The only exception is the band pic on the back of Goddamit, which I remember being kind of embarassing.

Why do we only talk about hardcore Willa? we should talk about pop punk and country more.