music our parents are into

Discuss music. Do not post mediafire/sendspace links at all in this forum.

Moderators: Andrew, dalamar501

Human-Demise
anyone out there still wishing cattle decapitation sounded like this?

music our parents are into

Post by Human-Demise »

hey I just had an Idea, we should talk about the music our parents like. either the really embarrassing crap or the awesome stuff that got you into good music or like the crazy curve-ball stuff you had no idea they liked until way later.
"hahaha, you were moved, wuss."
officespace
VIHC Poster

Re: music our parents are into

Post by officespace »

I have gotten my mother into the following over the past year:
The Cheap Girls
Lemuria
Paul Baribeau
The Mountain Goats

Besides that I dunno she is into regular shit.

My dad is mostly into classic rock shit. Likes Black Flag though.

-Warren
age of quarrel wrote:No one poser exposes me more than the twins
shakehurst
VIHC Poster

Post by shakehurst »

one time about 5 years ago my dad was dropping me off somewhere, I put on Potemkin City Limits, and when he came to pick me up he said he really enjoyed it and listened to the whole thing.

flash forward to a year later I do the same thing and he claims to not remember ever hearing/enjoying it... oh well.

my parents rarely listen to music now.
CodyCreepcore
VIHC Poster

Post by CodyCreepcore »

my ma listens to uhhh like.... nu - metal / hard rock stuff? like seether, static x, uhh.. i dont really know what other bands.

my dad likes rise against and social distortion type stuff and other top 40 crap. he likes pretty much anything i like except he doesnt like screaming cuz he cant sing along with it. i remember i got him REALLY into a Blood for Blood song once.
keep_it_real
BLOCK BY BLOCK

Post by keep_it_real »

My dad likes lots of radical/old dad rock, but also jams more recent stuff like wolves in the throne room, iron and wine and Adele.
keith.
Prefers Tide Coldwater

Post by keith. »

my parents got me into acdc and alice cooper as a kid. so they like that stuff.
but i think as they got older they got lamer. i know my dad likes foreigner and crud like that. im not sure if hes even in to music anymore, he just listens to classic radio rock all day so just whatever plays on that

my mom likes newer country stuff now. kid rock country i know that...
shakehurst
VIHC Poster

Post by shakehurst »

kid rock is a mom magnet. mine isn't into him at all but i know of several who went and saw him last time he came to vancouver...
grind/bro
Message me for information on Christian youth groups in Victoria

Post by grind/bro »

My mom likes Angels and Airwaves, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Metallica. If you like those bands then you're as false as her.
tylerp wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:00 pm made a baby hhhehehhh
dalamar501
Known to his friends as "Troystin Tieber"

Post by dalamar501 »

Standard fare for my parents:
Led Zepplin, The Who, Guess Who, Pink Floyd, April Wine, Boston, etc
Bob Marley

Surprises: my dad talking about James brown, etc

Mom: recently was into kings of Leon I think.
Victoria Straight Edge
tylerp wrote: I'm mostly stoked about turning things into money. it's like alchemy.
ImaginaryGirlfriend
VIHC Poster

Post by ImaginaryGirlfriend »

My dad likes Dad rock, My mom likes radio country.
My mom says she likes to be able to hear the words, so I showed her Weakerthans.
It was a win.
Noelle CDP
VIHC Poster

Post by Noelle CDP »

My mom is a sheltered naive scared of everything crazy old lady that listens to awful music like Elton John and Rod Stewart and other mainstream pop and 50s rock. She's both confused and afraid of most of the music I like. Doesn't like "noisy, loud bangy angry stuff" Doesn't understand "why everyone has to yell and scream and be angry" Howewver in the last year or so she decided "that even though we look kind of different some of the ones she's met seem very like very nice young people"

She hasn't gotten me into any music and when I still lived there I tried to introduce her to some music. She secretly liked a couple of the ska bands and Wantmonster.
stumped.
Prefers ke$ha

Post by stumped. »

my dad listens to the popular grunge bands and shakira, and my mom like a bunch of stuff like anthony and the johnsons and billy bragg
gonna do some coke off my doom cannon if you get my drift
xJohnnyx
VIHC Poster

Post by xJohnnyx »

Well other than the fact that my mom's favourite band is Korn and my dad won't listen to anything with screaming, my parents have pretty decent taste. My dad is mostly into old rock like Sabbath and Zeppelin but he is also down with the smiths and joy division, and he even sings along to Wake the Dead by Comeback Kid. My Mom likes almost anything she hears. She likes a lot of crap like System of a Down and she even went to see Manson when he came here. She also tends to like female vocal stuff like the Yeah Yeah Yeah's, but have I gotten her into a fair amount of hardcore, she likes Trial and Bane. She also really likes Pink for some reason.
It's so easy to laugh, It's so easy to like, It takes strength to be gentle and kind .
Andrew
Sea bass

Post by Andrew »

xJohnnyx wrote:Well other than the fact that my mom's favourite band is Korn and my dad won't listen to anything with screaming, my parents have pretty decent taste. My dad is mostly into old rock like Sabbath and Zeppelin but he is also down with the smiths and joy division, and he even sings along to Wake the Dead by Comeback Kid. My Mom likes almost anything she hears. She likes a lot of crap like System of a Down and she even went to see Manson when he came here. She also tends to like female vocal stuff like the Yeah Yeah Yeah's, but have I gotten her into a fair amount of hardcore, she likes Trial and Bane. She also really likes Pink for some reason.
How old is your mom?
tylerp
Site Admin

Post by tylerp »

my parents really like:
The Moody Blues
Dire Straits
Doucette
Santana
Bread
Deep Purple
The Who
....etc. they don't really listen to music as much anymore.

when I was growing up though, they were listening to records on the stereo every night and jamming cassettes in the car. I wonder what happened.
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂
ZACH ATTACK
RAP SNACKS

Post by ZACH ATTACK »

My dad like the Eagles and Steely Dan. My mom has Neil Young and Tom Waits records, but only ever listens to CBC.
I grew wings and a beak just to stay on my feet.
trappedinside
Posting while trapped inside an elevator

Post by trappedinside »

my dad loves the standard classic rock fare like The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Yes and so on as well as a few newer acts (most of which suck, but I do have to credit him with getting me into Radiohead which was huge in setting me off on this downward spiral into music addiction). My mom listens to Cher, Tom Jones and disco and is not especially partial to music in any way shape or form.
reece
Poutine & Chicken Fries

Post by reece »

this thread sucks.
Human-Demise wrote: that cause your an anti-semite.
darcy
VIHC Poster

Post by darcy »

My mom listens to a lot of jazz, particularly be-bop and hard-bop. Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers, Bill Evans, Coltrane, Davis, Hancock. She's also into vocal RnB and soul (Sam Cooke, Otis).

Dad's into almost anything. Pink Floyd, Barenaked Ladies, Bagpipe music, Rush, Greenday's "American Idiot".
Are you afraid of milk?
Should I hide the milk?

http://tinyurl.com/8rgq73e