What covers does your band play?

Discuss music. Do not post mediafire/sendspace links at all in this forum.

Moderators: Andrew, dalamar501

wolfgang
VIHC Poster

Re: What covers does your band play?

Post by wolfgang »

Crucified wrote:skrewdriver covers.
Of course...it was a Skrewdriver cover band.
grind/bro
Message me for information on Christian youth groups in Victoria

Post by grind/bro »

wolfgang wrote:
Can't wait for this to spark a move to Michael Dorn
tylerp wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:00 pm made a baby hhhehehhh
Hollow
from the makers of infant hair dye

Post by Hollow »

grind/bro wrote:
wolfgang wrote:

Please. If you don't know that Tieman has a hard on for Skrewdrivers first record, you aren't paying attention. A lot of us (myself included) have already spoken our minds on the subject, honestly doesn't need to be brought up again in my opinion. I can agree to disagree with him on this.
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
Human-Demise
anyone out there still wishing cattle decapitation sounded like this?

Post by Human-Demise »

skrewdriver sucks
"hahaha, you were moved, wuss."
grind/bro
Message me for information on Christian youth groups in Victoria

Post by grind/bro »

Hollow wrote:
grind/bro wrote:
wolfgang wrote:

Please. If you don't know that Tieman has a hard on for Skrewdrivers first record, you aren't paying attention. A lot of us (myself included) have already spoken our minds on the subject, honestly doesn't need to be brought up again in my opinion. I can agree to disagree with him on this.
Ok.
tylerp wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:00 pm made a baby hhhehehhh
wolfgang
VIHC Poster

Post by wolfgang »

I think the first version of Skrewdriver was a great punk band. Their first LP ranks among my favorite albums of all time. The band everyone "knows" about was an entirely different band, formed 3 years after the original band broke up. It`s just too bad they had to share a name and a singer...and that some people refuse to differentiate between the two bands. Skrewdriver`s output from 1977 is decent punk-rock...end of story.

I played in a Skrewdriver cover band with a Jewish lead singer...that band eventually became a joke skate-rock band called the Sheglank'd Shoulders. The Sheglank'd Shoulders recorded a Skrewdriver cover on our first 7"...and got a little bit of flack for it. We used to play a Skrewdriver song or two live occasionally to nothing but positive response....but decided to stop doing 'em after playing them at a bar in Edmonton with a bunch of questionable skinheads in attendance...and then having our singer have to deal with some really awkward conversation afterwards.

Honestly...if you like 70's punk, pub rock, early oi!, etc...I don't know how you can't like songs like these:

http://youtu.be/AX8XXv45py4

http://youtu.be/Xb7jYZSpkxw
Tambro
THE BANE THAT SOCIETY DROWNS IN

Post by Tambro »

wolfgang wrote:I played in a Skrewdriver cover band with a tristan hongian lead singer.

tristan hongian lead singer.

tristan hongian.
tristan hongian.
tristan hongian.
I play bass. I play guitar. I do both poorly. What's up.
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

Tambro wrote:
wolfgang wrote:I played in a Skrewdriver cover band with a tristan hongian lead singer.

tristan hongian lead singer.

tristan hongian.
tristan hongian.
tristan hongian.

This is still my favorite word filter.
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
wolfgang
VIHC Poster

Post by wolfgang »

Forgot there were still word filters on here...rad!
trappedinside
Posting while trapped inside an elevator

Post by trappedinside »

one time on tour someone put the first skrewdriver album on in the van and for a brief moment before being informed what it was Willa admitted to liking it. :D
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

trappedinside wrote:one time on tour someone put the first skrewdriver album on in the van and for a brief moment before being informed what it was Willa admitted to liking it. :D

Actually, fuck no I didn't. I was listening, said "Who is this?" and then Zach said "HAHAHA YOU LIKE SKREWDRIVER" and then started telling everyone I said I liked it. I have never, in my life, said I liked that band. Fuck that band and everything about them.

Edited to make it less angry. But seriously, this is something I take very seriously and will be hugely upset about if people go around saying I like that band. Fuck them, fuck them, fuck them. I cannot even abide the thought of someone (even mistakenly) thinking I support that band even one iota.

Sorry Tieman.

Edit part 2: Electric Boogaloo- Not that I'm putting this on Zach. I just realized how that sounded. He was either making what he thought was a harmless joke or he genuinely misheard me.
Andrew
Sea bass

Post by Andrew »

Hollow wrote: 2: Electric Boogaloo
Hah, I say this too.
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

Andrew wrote:
Hollow wrote: 2: Electric Boogaloo
Hah, I say this too.
It's the only logical thing to say after "part 2".