Manitoban punk

Discuss music. Do not post mediafire/sendspace links at all in this forum.

Moderators: Andrew, dalamar501

si

Manitoban punk

Post by si »

goodxthings.bandcamp.com

Some new demos up, just looking to spread the word/get feedback. Fast Punk.
Last edited by si on Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
keith.
Prefers Tide Coldwater

Re: Manitoba punk

Post by keith. »

for some raisin i actually have the first demo on my ipod. maybe i got it from the warwounds blog i dont know. either way im gonna go listen to these now!

edit: these are awesome and even better than the 2009 demo i had
Hollow
from the makers of infant hair dye

Post by Hollow »

This rules.
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
New West Crew
LET THE ROUNDUPS BEGIN

Post by New West Crew »

keith. wrote:for some raisin i actually have the first demo on my ipod. maybe i got it from the warwounds blog i dont know. either way im gonna go listen to these now!

Without doing any fact checking, I'm gonna saw that the one you have miiiiiight be a different band. I know there was a short lived Edmonton band called Good Things.
keith.
Prefers Tide Coldwater

Post by keith. »

New West Crew wrote:
keith. wrote:for some raisin i actually have the first demo on my ipod. maybe i got it from the warwounds blog i dont know. either way im gonna go listen to these now!

Without doing any fact checking, I'm gonna saw that the one you have miiiiiight be a different band. I know there was a short lived Edmonton band called Good Things.
well if there are two punk bands from the same area with the same name that is just silly.
http://www.archive.org/details/GoodThings-Demo2009
New West Crew
LET THE ROUNDUPS BEGIN

Post by New West Crew »

keith. wrote:
New West Crew wrote:

well if there are two punk bands from the same area with the same name that is just silly.
http://www.archive.org/details/GoodThings-Demo2009
I have no clue what the Manitoba one sounds like, but it looks like I was wrong. I'm glad I stated that I didn't check my facts.
si

Post by si »

Thanks! We've definitely gotten a little more competent on our instruments since that 2009 demo. There was a sweet pop punk band from Edmonton called Good Things, http://www.myspace.com/goodthingsrule I think members of High Jinks were in it. I'm pretty sure we made our myspace pages like a week apart from each other than realized we shared a name, and we never really did anything about it.

Thanks again, we're hopefully re-recording these songs, plus some new ones in the spring, and hoping to tour a bit, if things work out.
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

If you tour, hit up either me or T.roy. We can put on a show for you at seeeeecret venues.
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
trappedinside
Posting while trapped inside an elevator

Post by trappedinside »

yo dude, not sure if you remember six brew bantha but we played a rad basement show in brandon with you guys in 2010. you guys ruled at that, these recordings sound awesome, come play out west!
si

Post by si »

That would rule to play out there! If we can get our shit together, we'll definitely be in contact.

Yeah totally remember you guys from Brandon, you were so good! I think I bought the Rape Revenge 7" off you. Do you happen to have any copies of your split with Disleksick left, or should I talk to Dave?
trappedinside

Post by trappedinside »

hah only a small handful of the Disleksick splits were made, hitting up Dave is definitely your best bet... he'd probably make you another copy if you asked him. we're playing winnipeg april 25th and will have our LP for sale if you can make it down.
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

trappedinside wrote:hah only a small handful of the Disleksick splits were made, hitting up Dave is definitely your best bet... he'd probably make you another copy if you asked him. we're playing winnipeg april 25th and will have our LP for sale if you can make it down.

Their LP sounds like robots on meth fucking chihuahuas. Buy it.
si

Post by si »

Haha christ, I'll hit up Dave, I love that guy. Disleksick doing 50 releases a year, each one more obscure than the last.

I will most definitely be in attendance, and will most definitely buy the LP. Where are you guys playing at?
trappedinside

Re: Manitoban punk

Post by trappedinside »

place called Lo Pub, apparently it's some kind of hipster bar and this is the first grind show there. playing with wolbachia and violent gorge.
si

Re: Manitoban punk

Post by si »

Damn, I love Violent Gorge. I've been to a few shows there, some not too good bands usually play there. This show will rule.