This has gone to far

Discuss music. Do not post mediafire/sendspace links at all in this forum.

Moderators: Andrew, dalamar501

Dax
VIHC Poster

Re: This has gone to far

Post by Dax »

This recording is freaking awful. Can't even listen to half the song, it's all china, trickered kick and vocals. These guys are good live though, super talented players.
Jordan f.
Smoke Weed, Hail Satan

Post by Jordan f. »

I don't like the music. Mike is my friend and I definitely am stoked he's doing well with this. We used to skate and I'd have him listen to old hardcore, he was into it. At one point we were going to start a Lights Out-esque band.

Music: Not my style
Mike: My brother <3
Victoria Straight Edge
keith.
Prefers Tide Coldwater

Post by keith. »

age of quarrel wrote:bands with lots of html on their myspaces and endorsements sections tend to rub me the wrong way
you mean you dont care what each of their twitters have to say?

the song reminds me of quick said the bird. who i actually did enjoy, but for some reason i still dont like the song. cool guitars though.
KYLESTYLE
VIHC Poster

Post by KYLESTYLE »

i feel like there's a difference between hating on local, young bands playing a genre you don't like vs. making fun of the big ones who are actually profitting off of the masses (eg. emmure or suicide silence or attack,attack). if you're going to like, at least move up the totem pole.
VIVA like
reece
Poutine & Chicken Fries

Post by reece »

Everyone in that band is older then I am...
All I said was the drum triggers were terrible..
this is a music discussion page isnt it?
geeez you guys
Human-Demise wrote: that cause your an anti-semite.
Rude Boy Puff
THE YOUTH'S IMMERSED IN POISON

Post by Rude Boy Puff »

haters gone like

I like poison the well more then anything hardcore related minus maybe classic NYHC
Hollow
from the makers of infant hair dye

Post by Hollow »

I like this type of music. Lets be clear on that. I do not like this band.

That being said, they are all incredibly nice kids, and genuine as hell. They bring a mad amount of youngin's to shows, they play their faces off, and they love every minute of it. They are dedicated, passionate, and above all enjoyable to be around. Do I like their music? Hell no. Would I put them on a show, watch them play, and thank them for doing so? Hell yes. I've done so before, would totally do it again.

Reece also has the right to say he doesn't like this band, or their use of triggers. What he said was not an insult to the band, nor to the members of it. Calm the fuck down people, it's not that big of a deal.

Tim, you care way the hell too much about what other people think.

Zach, by posting in this thread, you also care way the hell too much about what other people think.

Of course, posting in a message board AT ALL means you care way the hell too much about what other people think. I, obviously, am in the same boat.

This thread is full of fail.
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
FANTASTIC WOUND
VIHC Poster

Post by FANTASTIC WOUND »

Hollow wrote: Tim, you care way the hell too much about what other people think.
I'm sorry, I'm a bit confused. All of a sudden, I'm getting a lot of flak over my comment. I was trying to be fair! Come on! How does whatever I said suggest that other people's opinions are SO important to me? I mean, I don't care to argue or anything, but all I was saying was that I can't get on board with promiscuity! If the manwhore comment offended anyone, I apologize.
THREAD-KILLER
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

FANTASTIC WOUND wrote:
Hollow wrote: Tim, you care way the hell too much about what other people think.
I'm sorry, I'm a bit confused. All of a sudden, I'm getting a lot of flak over my comment. I was trying to be fair! Come on! How does whatever I said suggest that other people's opinions are SO important to me? I mean, I don't care to argue or anything, but all I was saying was that I can't get on board with promiscuity! If the manwhore comment offended anyone, I apologize.

Try the rest of the post:
Hollow wrote: Zach, by posting in this thread, you also care way the hell too much about what other people think.

Of course, posting in a message board AT ALL means you care way the hell too much about what other people think. I, obviously, am in the same boat.
This is what one refers to as a "joke". I was simply pointing out to the people on this board that before they begin throwing around the "geez you care too much about what other people do" line, they check themselves and their own actions. Pots, kettles, etc. I even pointed out that I, myself, care way the hell too much about what other people think, in order to take any potential sting out of my words. They were meant as a gentle rebuke coached in (I thought) humorous dialogue. Oh well,can't win them all.
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
FANTASTIC WOUND
VIHC Poster

Hollow wrote: This is what one refers to as a "joke". I was simply pointing out to the people on this board that before they begin throwing around the "geez you care too much about what other people do" line, they check themselves and their own actions. Pots, kettles, etc. I even pointed out that I, myself, care way the hell too much about what other people think, in order to take any potential sting out of my words. They were meant as a gentle rebuke coached in (I thought) humorous dialogue. Oh well,can't win them all.
I guess I have no sense of humour. Sorry.
THREAD-KILLER
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

FANTASTIC WOUND wrote:
Hollow wrote: This is what one refers to as a "joke". I was simply pointing out to the people on this board that before they begin throwing around the "geez you care too much about what other people do" line, they check themselves and their own actions. Pots, kettles, etc. I even pointed out that I, myself, care way the hell too much about what other people think, in order to take any potential sting out of my words. They were meant as a gentle rebuke coached in (I thought) humorous dialogue. Oh well,can't win them all.

Nah, I could have put it better. Plus, people WERE jumping down your throat a bit. Totally understandable.
FANTASTIC WOUND
VIHC Poster

Hollow wrote:
FANTASTIC WOUND wrote:

Nah, I could have put it better. Plus, people WERE jumping down your throat a bit. Totally understandable.
ILY
THREAD-KILLER
Rude Boy Puff

Post by Rude Boy Puff »

Willa you are right as usual bringing sound reason and unbiased perspective that is applauded. Opinions are like assholes and alot of the time Im the asshole, but I like to give locals a pass to make wack music, as long as their hearts are in it and they are because shit open your arms and youll have bigger shows better kids and maybe one day theyll discover All Out War and perhaps I will mosh once more.
Rude Boy Puff

Post by Rude Boy Puff »

and this is not TMZ where and how often a man chooses to dip his hammer has no bearing on my opinion of him. Females below the age of consent, my girlfriend, and mother excluded.
KYLESTYLE
VIHC Poster

Post by KYLESTYLE »

i think it was a unanimous vote that no one like's the band's music or their use of triggers.

other than that, i was just backing my friends, like if someone bashed no eulogy or promises' demo on a local board. it's just how i roll, and i think the local scene is fragile enough that we can keep that element out of a local message board and in our own personal conversations or minds.

I'm in no way angry that it came up, I'm merely speaking my Music Discussion mind.
VIVA like
trappedinside
Posting while trapped inside an elevator

Post by trappedinside »

personally i'd get a kick out of it if somebody came on here and started trashing my band. it's the internet.
Rude Boy Puff

Post by Rude Boy Puff »

link your band lets do this
KYLESTYLE
VIHC Poster

Post by KYLESTYLE »

i agree; i always appreciate Beat Kids bashing.

however, these kids have already told me they'll never play another VIHC show after what happened to them at Hardcore Fest, so i feel it's a little different.
VIVA like
Tambro
THE BANE THAT SOCIETY DROWNS IN

Post by Tambro »

I want somebody to trash my band, I love it. Also, nobody was bashing reece for not liking their use of triggers, we were just stating our own opinions as well. I really didn't see any personal attack going on, just discussion...
I play bass. I play guitar. I do both poorly. What's up.
keith.
Prefers Tide Coldwater

Post by keith. »

trappedinside wrote:personally i'd get a kick out of it if somebody came on here and started trashing my band. it's the internet.
sexbrew sucks at getting 7"s released