This has gone to far

Discuss music. Do not post mediafire/sendspace links at all in this forum.

Moderators: Andrew, dalamar501

officespace
VIHC Poster

Re: This has gone to far

Post by officespace »

the highlight for day one of the fest for me was War Hero/Destroy Everything sets dudes are tight
age of quarrel wrote:No one poser exposes me more than the twins
grind/bro
Message me for information on Christian youth groups in Victoria

Post by grind/bro »

KYLESTYLE wrote:this is me telling one of them to stop being fuck heads.

AND THERE I AM BEING LIKE "HEY DUDES WHAT HAPPENED OM NOM NOM"
tylerp wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:00 pm made a baby hhhehehhh
tylerp
Site Admin

Post by tylerp »

I saw FIA at the fest. the war hero dudes were just picking on the FIA fans, pushing them around in a slightly-too-far kind of way. didn't see any smashing.
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂
dalamar501
Known to his friends as "Troystin Tieber"

Post by dalamar501 »

officespace wrote:the highlight for day one of the fest for me was War Hero/Destroy Everything sets dudes are tight
that was an amazing part of the day
Victoria Straight Edge
tylerp wrote: I'm mostly stoked about turning things into money. it's like alchemy.
Rude Boy Puff
THE YOUTH'S IMMERSED IN POISON

Post by Rude Boy Puff »

tylerp wrote:I saw FIA at the fest. the war hero dudes were just picking on the FIA fans, pushing them around in a slightly-too-far kind of way. didn't see any smashing.

which is super awesome as the average age looks to be about 14.

I was disrespecting a band Ive never heard of by hanging outside at an all day fest much different then stomping their gear.

different kinds of strikes

but hey have them back what do I care
Hollow
from the makers of infant hair dye

Post by Hollow »

officespace wrote:(people have to stop taking shit so seriously)
We have to take this shit seriously, especially when it makes it difficult for us to book bands for the Fest.

Puff, wasn't tryin' to be a dick. Just explaining my point of view. I definitely agree that War Hero went to far. How we deal with that is gonna be a group decision, I'm just saying what my point of view will be.
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
Rude Boy Puff

Post by Rude Boy Puff »

Maybe Kyle can shed some light on what the extent of all this was.
Did they stop being fuck head bullies after being confronted by someone over the age of 12?
Maybe this isnt as big a deal as it sounds like I mean it was like 7 months ago and its the first alot of us are hearing of it.
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

I'd actually like to know that as well Kyle. Can you send me a PM with a run down of what happened? I'll leave it up to you if you wanna post it here, too, won't bother me either way.
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
age of quarrel
A FIRESTORM TO PURIFY

Post by age of quarrel »

Hollow wrote:
age of quarrel wrote:p.s. please dont let this turn into a bunch of drama but i think its ironic that people are all upset that a band broke another bands equipment yet so many of these same people gave me hell for boycotting lewd acts for damaging other peoples equipment? maybe being on a bigger hardcore label and living in a van just makes them better than war hero? I dont know.

Also not trying to start drama, but to me this is sorta apples and oranges IMO. Like I said in the Lewd Acts discussion, Tyler always offers to pay for any damage he does. If War Hero did this, and this is the first we've heard of it, that sucks because they just did it, didn't attempt to make it right, and were just doing it to fuck up FIA's set. Lewd Acts are doing it as a hardcore band going off, War Hero (again, if this is true) were just being dickheads in the pit. I dunno. We should def talk about this the next time your in town, I'm better at articulating these things in person.
I totally see where you are comming from and i still disagree, but we had a whole ten page thread about it, vegan cupcake date next time i see you?
http://wearetonguetied.blogspot.com
Rude Boy Puff wrote:tommarow theyre gonna eat more pussy and sniff more cocaine then any of us have ever seen.
Just saying.
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

age of quarrel wrote:
Hollow wrote:
age of quarrel wrote:p.s. please dont let this turn into a bunch of drama but i think its ironic that people are all upset that a band broke another bands equipment yet so many of these same people gave me hell for boycotting lewd acts for damaging other peoples equipment? maybe being on a bigger hardcore label and living in a van just makes them better than war hero? I dont know.

Also not trying to start drama, but to me this is sorta apples and oranges IMO. Like I said in the Lewd Acts discussion, Tyler always offers to pay for any damage he does. If War Hero did this, and this is the first we've heard of it, that sucks because they just did it, didn't attempt to make it right, and were just doing it to fuck up FIA's set. Lewd Acts are doing it as a hardcore band going off, War Hero (again, if this is true) were just being dickheads in the pit. I dunno. We should def talk about this the next time your in town, I'm better at articulating these things in person.
I totally see where you are comming from and i still disagree, but we had a whole ten page thread about it, vegan cupcake date next time i see you?

Oh, it's on. I'm gonna eat enough red velvet cupcakes to make Elvis happy.
officespace
VIHC Poster

Post by officespace »

Hollow wrote:
officespace wrote:(people have to stop taking shit so seriously)
We have to take this shit seriously, especially when it makes it difficult for us to book bands for the Fest.

Puff, wasn't tryin' to be a dick. Just explaining my point of view. I definitely agree that War Hero went to far. How we deal with that is gonna be a group decision, I'm just saying what my point of view will be.
meh I just don't see the big deal soo what some kids broke your gear wahhh you can replace it. if no one knew about the gear smahsing I doubt it is having a interference on booking bands for this years fest(which I am looking forward to) but what do I really know as I don't live on the isalnd or anything.
age of quarrel wrote:No one poser exposes me more than the twins
dalamar501

Post by dalamar501 »

this thread has gone on too far

What we learned.

People have different ideas.

fuck yeah.
Victoria Straight Edge
tylerp wrote: I'm mostly stoked about turning things into money. it's like alchemy.
Andrew
Sea bass

Locking threads?

Post by Andrew »

:(
dalamar501

Re: Locking threads?

Post by dalamar501 »

i felt like i should do something with my magical powers.
Victoria Straight Edge
Andrew
Sea bass

Post by Andrew »

dalamar501 wrote:i felt like i should do something with my magical powers.
I'm just not a fan of locking threads on boards in general. If posts are inappropriate on a board I think you should edit them, delete them, but locking threads feels like a dad move to me, the "we're done talking about this because i said so". It disallows resolution on conflict and if locking threads becomes the go-to diffuser of hot button threads I find it curbs peoples willingness to speak freely because you know the end result.
dalamar501

Post by dalamar501 »

pretty much how i have always felt about locking threads.
haha
that thread pretty much did come to a resolution anyways
Victoria Straight Edge
Rude Boy Puff

Post by Rude Boy Puff »

classy move mods
everyone agrees band in question are nice people and it comes to light that these guys we all just agreed we like got fucked by some outta towners under our noses why is this a cause for us to fight each other, why is this cause to lock a thread. No body was calling for blood the people who are friends with the outta towners dont seem to mind people are pissed their friends did stupid things hey my friends do stupid things too. They stand by them without supporting their actions. No one is calling to boycott the outta towners but I suggest they dont get a ferry ride paid for this year. I dunno Xyience energy drinks are gross and I have to go to work now for 4 hours of power point Good bye VIHC
Tambro
THE BANE THAT SOCIETY DROWNS IN

Post by Tambro »

The conflict was likely just going in circles, I'm fine with the lock.
I play bass. I play guitar. I do both poorly. What's up.
age of quarrel
A FIRESTORM TO PURIFY

Post by age of quarrel »

but by locking this discussion it also locked Willa and I's side discussion about vegan cupcakes NOW THIS WAR HAS TWO SIDES!!!!!XVX
Rude Boy Puff wrote:tommarow theyre gonna eat more pussy and sniff more cocaine then any of us have ever seen.
Just saying.
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

age of quarrel wrote:but by locking this discussion it also locked Willa and I's side discussion about vegan cupcakes NOW THIS WAR HAS TWO SIDES!!!!!XVX

I shall rain Vegan like upon the oppressors.