Gravemaker signs to Victory Records

Discuss music. Do not post mediafire/sendspace links at all in this forum.

Moderators: Andrew, dalamar501

Hollow
from the makers of infant hair dye

Gravemaker signs to Victory Records

Post by Hollow »

http://www.lambgoat.com/news/view.aspx?id=14322

Bummer? I'll never stop loving this band or the dudes in it...but seriously, fuck Victory Records.
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
grind/bro
Message me for information on Christian youth groups in Victoria

Re: Gravemaker signs to Victory Records

Post by grind/bro »

Good for them. They're going to get paid.
tylerp wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:00 pm made a baby hhhehehhh
Rude Boy Puff
THE YOUTH'S IMMERSED IN POISON

Post by Rude Boy Puff »

Id be more worried about NOT getting paid on victory, but they are all big boys and I hope huge tours are coming their way.
I hope backstage passes to warp tour are coming my way
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

Yeah, if there's one thing Tony Brummel is NOT known for, it's paying his bands.
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
LAxPB
VIOLENCE AGAINST VIOLENCE

Post by LAxPB »

I don't think signing with this label will change their work ethic that we see out of these dudes and I don't think much more money will be flowing. They needed a label to put out a record and Victory Record has great distro. So why the fuck not? I am sure Comeback Kid put in a good word for them and they inked a decent deal.

Even if they were making boat loads of cash off Victory, whats the problem with that? Hardcore bands should not be frowned upon for succeeding.

Just as a question: If not Victory, what record label did you see Grave Maker joining?
Andrew
Sea bass

Post by Andrew »

grind/bro wrote:They're going to get paid.
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!
dalamar501
Known to his friends as "Troystin Tieber"

Post by dalamar501 »

raises a good point as to what label would you see grave maker joining.

as Deathwish is not a label for such a band as grave maker. just would be an odd fit

B9 is well very sparse in its signings these days if that makes sense

Epitaph? thoughts? i would say too big there

Equal Vision - even less likely these days to sign a hardcore band it seems

Trustkil - could have seen this, This is Hell etc on here

Eulogy - another one that has good distro abilities.

Jade Tree - not "post-hardcore" enough for this label

SideOneDummy - not pop punk enough

So really if they want to move to a bigger label than the smaller ones that have been putting out GM stuff so far Victory is one of 3 i could see them getting signed to. which are Victory / Eulogy / Trustkil. As much as i don't like some of the bands on those labels GM has a better chance of getting on those labels than B9 or Deathwish etc
Victoria Straight Edge
tylerp wrote: I'm mostly stoked about turning things into money. it's like alchemy.
LAxPB

Post by LAxPB »

I was thinking maybe Eulogy, but I think Victory does more for their bands and has a far better history.

Has Trustkill done anything lately? Like....anything? This Is Hell is on Rise. I guess they put out Outbreaks last LP.....which would also explain why Grave Maker wouldnt be on that label.
Last edited by LAxPB on Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dalamar501

Post by dalamar501 »

LAxPB wrote:I was thinking maybe Eulogy, but I think Victory does more for their bands and has a far better history.

Has Trustkill done anything lately? Like....anything? This Is Hell is on Rise.
Misfourtunes and the release before that came out on Trustkil

the cd version of Outbreak s/t came out this year on Trustkil + did distribution.

They even sent the cd to every College radio station.

Trustkil maybe doesn't have the history that Victory does but it does about the same for the bands in my opinion.

Trustkil had a terror release too i think
Victoria Straight Edge
tylerp wrote: I'm mostly stoked about turning things into money. it's like alchemy.
LAxPB

Post by LAxPB »

dalamar501 wrote:
LAxPB wrote:I was thinking maybe Eulogy, but I think Victory does more for their bands and has a far better history.

the cd version of Outbreak s/t came out this year on Trustkil + did distribution.

Trustkil maybe doesn't have the history that Victory does but it does about the same for the bands in my opinion.

Check out my edit above.
grind/bro
Message me for information on Christian youth groups in Victoria

Post by grind/bro »

Andrew wrote:
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!
I never said how much.
tylerp wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:00 pm made a baby hhhehehhh
Andrew
Sea bass

Post by Andrew »

grind/bro wrote:
Andrew wrote:
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!
I never said how much.
:D
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

I have absolutely no problem with GM joining Victory. Their band, their decision. I love them to death and will mos def buy their new record. Victory is a shitty label, though, and signing one band I like doesn't make it any less so. There is a greater than normal chance that Gravemaker will get fucked by doing this, and that bums me out. Almost as much as it bums me out that they almost certainly had no choice. As was stated earlier, they're so big that they probably would have had to go Major Label to get anywhere further than they've already gone. I'm sure that Victory was just the lesser of two evils.
Rude Boy Puff
THE YOUTH'S IMMERSED IN POISON

Post by Rude Boy Puff »

Comeback Kid has been on Victory for 5+ years now. CBK and Figure Four shared members whos members went on to start Grave Maker. Im willing to bet CBK's relationship with Victory has something to do with Grave Maker accepting the offer. Figure Four got fucked over hard by solidstate and led to them breaking up so shady labels arent anything new to them. Victorys head hasnt been in hardcore for along time but it seems to be working enough for CBK enough to get their friends onboard. If any members of Hatebreed or Thursday wanna give their warnings Im sure theyll give GM a call.
LAxPB

Post by LAxPB »

One label I would of liked to see their new CD come out on is Reaper. I can see Grave Maker getting on the same level as a band like Down To Nothing and Trapped Under Ice with in the next year.
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

LAxPB wrote:One label I would of liked to see their new CD come out on is Reaper. I can see Grave Maker getting on the same level as a band like Down To Nothing and Trapped Under Ice with in the next year.
Good call. Reaper is a solid label. And Pat, I would love nothing more than to be wrong this time. Really.
dalamar501

Post by dalamar501 »

LAxPB wrote:
dalamar501 wrote:

Check out my edit above.

What i said still stands. the last few full lengths of This is Hell came out on trustkil. The fact that outbreak's CD not LP of their new record would have nothing to do with GM. Since that label is not run by Ryan or anyone in Outbreak.
Victoria Straight Edge
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

Uh...okay, curiosity abounds. Why would Gravemaker not be okay with being on the same label as Outbreak? I am oddly bereft of this drama. Do tell.
dalamar501

Post by dalamar501 »

Hollow wrote:Uh...okay, curiosity abounds. Why would Gravemaker not be okay with being on the same label as Outbreak? I am oddly bereft of this drama. Do tell.
not the fact the same label. just beef between members. Not even that they just didn't see eye to eye on some things. IE Brian leaving the band then being in Outbreak. I don't really think it would have a huge deal with being on another label with them.
Victoria Straight Edge
LAxPB

Post by LAxPB »

dalamar501 wrote:
Hollow wrote:Uh...okay, curiosity abounds. Why would Gravemaker not be okay with being on the same label as Outbreak? I am oddly bereft of this drama. Do tell.
not the fact the same label. just beef between members. Not even that they just didn't see eye to eye on some things. IE Brian leaving the band then being in Outbreak. I don't really think it would have a huge deal with being on another label with them.
Perhaps it wouldn't. Who knows, I guess we will have to see what that the next year looks like for the band. Regardless, this band should be supported.
Last edited by LAxPB on Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.