This has gone to far

Discuss music. Do not post mediafire/sendspace links at all in this forum.

Moderators: Andrew, dalamar501

Rude Boy Puff
THE YOUTH'S IMMERSED IN POISON

Re: This has gone to far

Post by Rude Boy Puff »

what happened at hardcore fest
If its the band I remember didnt alot of people watch them?
keith.
Prefers Tide Coldwater

Post by keith. »

Rude Boy Puff wrote:what happened at hardcore fest
If its the band I remember didnt alot of people watch them?
i think most everyone over 20 went outside and all the youngins finally moved inside/away from the walls
KYLESTYLE
VIHC Poster

Post by KYLESTYLE »

The kids from War Hero (squamish) decided they had the right to smash FIA's light boxes (all three) and get in their faces while making fun of them to their faces. Yeah i guess it's supposed to be a hardcore show, but it was retarded and FIA felt terrible after and said they'd never do it again. They already felt out of place before they played and that just pushed it over the top.

yes, light boxes, in my mind are rockstar-narcissism to the T, but breaking a band's 'gear' because you think they suck? pretty fucking lame in my books.
VIVA like
Rude Boy Puff

Post by Rude Boy Puff »

ya but who gives a shit what crust punks think of your band
Hollow
from the makers of infant hair dye

Post by Hollow »

Shit, I was outside patrolling when that happened. I had no idea they went that far. I'll reach out to Alex, see if I can't repair that bridge. I agree that light boxes are silly, but they shouldn't have done that.
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
Jordan f.
Smoke Weed, Hail Satan

Post by Jordan f. »

WTF? I was getting a burrito during their set (and dancing in tambos car to Girl Talk....). I appologized to mike for missing his band and he didn't mention anything about kids breaking their stuff. I am not a violent dude but a broken nose would have been a fair trade off.

Tambo, your band sucks. Scratch that, you suck! YES BEEF!
Victoria Straight Edge
grungePIG
VIHC Poster

Post by grungePIG »

one of these kids lives near me and his mom always used to brag about her little rock star son at starbucks. fucking adorable.
i have no opinion on the actual band.
krisribs
VIHC Poster

Post by krisribs »

I was in a band in grade 10 with the fat guitar player, Josh. It was called SUICIDE INDEX. He's dumb, but nice.
dalamar501
Known to his friends as "Troystin Tieber"

Post by dalamar501 »

KYLESTYLE wrote:The kids from War Hero (squamish) decided they had the right to smash FIA's light boxes (all three) and get in their faces while making fun of them to their faces. Yeah i guess it's supposed to be a hardcore show, but it was retarded and FIA felt terrible after and said they'd never do it again. They already felt out of place before they played and that just pushed it over the top.

yes, light boxes, in my mind are rockstar-narcissism to the T, but breaking a band's 'gear' because you think they suck? pretty fucking lame in my books.

WHAT THE FUCK?

i did not hear about this

well i was busy dealing with border shit to try and get Creatures and No Truce into the country
as was Ebony.

I missed FIA and Apparatus Theory
which sucks i wanted to be there as well i am friends with them and fuck i don't know now that i heard about this shit i don't think i want to ask war hero to play again...
Victoria Straight Edge
tylerp wrote: I'm mostly stoked about turning things into money. it's like alchemy.
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

We should ask War Hero to play again, but let them know that that sort of thing isn't tolerated. IF it happens again, then I say we discuss banning them.

Still, apologies are necessary for FIA. How the hell did this slip past all of us?
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
Rude Boy Puff

Post by Rude Boy Puff »

are you really being serious?
fuck war heros
I mean they disrespect some kids in side while I was being disrespectful outside, but what did they bring to the fest other then a bad smell?
Jordan f.
Smoke Weed, Hail Satan

Post by Jordan f. »

my input:

War Hero should not play the fest
FIA should play the fest
Victoria Straight Edge
keith.
Prefers Tide Coldwater

Post by keith. »

war hero rule

smashing shit sometimes rules. not in this case though.
trappedinside
Posting while trapped inside an elevator

Post by trappedinside »

Rude Boy Puff wrote:link your band lets do this
http://myspace.com/sixbrewbantha
have at 'er, we're a pretty easy target

the war hero thing i'm just gonna stay out of cause those guys are my friends and i don't know any members of fall in archaea i have only their band to know them by and my input will not help anything
age of quarrel
A FIRESTORM TO PURIFY

Post by age of quarrel »

I dont know the war hero guys really, I've talked to tommy a few times and hes cool.. but smashing stuff sucks.

p.s. please dont let this turn into a bunch of drama but i think its ironic that people are all upset that a band broke another bands equipment yet so many of these same people gave me hell for boycotting lewd acts for damaging other peoples equipment? maybe being on a bigger hardcore label and living in a van just makes them better than war hero? I dont know.
http://wearetonguetied.blogspot.com
Rude Boy Puff wrote:tommarow theyre gonna eat more pussy and sniff more cocaine then any of us have ever seen.
Just saying.
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

trappedinside wrote: the war hero thing i'm just gonna stay out of cause those guys are my friends and i don't know any members of fall in archaea i have only their band to know them by and my input will not help anything
That was incredibly big of you dude. I really mean that. I know those guys are good friends of yours.

Pat, War Hero are an awesome band, and while they are due for a discussion over this event, we shouldn't ban them over that. As you said, people were doing the same sort of shit outside, and they're not gonna be banned either. I'm not defending them in any way, but personally I don't like using a "one strike and your out" policy accept under extreme circumstances.

This will be discussed at the next VIHC Society meeting, though. I'm just one voice, so this may change.
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

age of quarrel wrote:p.s. please dont let this turn into a bunch of drama but i think its ironic that people are all upset that a band broke another bands equipment yet so many of these same people gave me hell for boycotting lewd acts for damaging other peoples equipment? maybe being on a bigger hardcore label and living in a van just makes them better than war hero? I dont know.

Also not trying to start drama, but to me this is sorta apples and oranges IMO. Like I said in the Lewd Acts discussion, Tyler always offers to pay for any damage he does. If War Hero did this, and this is the first we've heard of it, that sucks because they just did it, didn't attempt to make it right, and were just doing it to fuck up FIA's set. Lewd Acts are doing it as a hardcore band going off, War Hero (again, if this is true) were just being dickheads in the pit. I dunno. We should def talk about this the next time your in town, I'm better at articulating these things in person.
officespace
VIHC Poster

Post by officespace »

this band sucked live( I saw them at VIHC fest last year)and I didn't like the myspace shit but I don't know the dudes I am sure they're legit but they suck
age of quarrel wrote:No one poser exposes me more than the twins
officespace
VIHC Poster

Post by officespace »

dude I was dying laughing during the set set they played at the Fest and the dudes from War Hero were hilarious(people have to stop taking shit so seriously)
Last edited by officespace on Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
age of quarrel wrote:No one poser exposes me more than the twins
KYLESTYLE
VIHC Poster

Post by KYLESTYLE »

this is me telling one of them to stop being fuck heads.

VIVA like