hahahah fuuuuuck the day before converge oh man
tylerp wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:00 pm made a baby hhhehehhh
reece
Poutine & Chicken Fries

Re: Fucked Up

Post by reece »

lame.

should play the troyler
Human-Demise wrote: that cause your an anti-semite.
tylerp
Site Admin

Post by tylerp »

this is going to be awesome!
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂
dalamar501
Known to his friends as "Troystin Tieber"

Post by dalamar501 »

lame. both us and cfuv have tried to contact fucked up about doing a show and they use Timbre productions which is not even based out of victoria.

lame.
Victoria Straight Edge
tylerp wrote: I'm mostly stoked about turning things into money. it's like alchemy.
tylerp
Site Admin

Post by tylerp »

why is this lame? we get to see this awesome band and we don't even have to worry about all the little issues and potential things going wrong and such related to putting on the show! I mean, they are one of the bigger bands in hardcore and stuff. and this is going to be a prime opportunity to share information about our community and board maybe, or to handbill for our own upcoming shows.

plus, from their perspective, their label probably gets bombarded with show requests all the time. the label probably appreciates the organization of a larger booking company. the couple messages you've been trying to get through have probably come across as a little less professional, and from the label's perspective, the more perceived organization and successful history, the better. I mean, how often does this band get talked about in Exclaim? maybe they deserve this. it was probably a quick and easy decision. and I don't think CFUV has been -unable- to get them, they just never reached any sort of special out-of-tour agreement for one of the special events, right? sorry for the controversial opinion. I do think van isle hardcore rules and the society rules.
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂
wolfgang
VIHC Poster

Post by wolfgang »

Have any of you guys seen Fucked Up play in the the last couple years? They are a really boring band to watch. Ticket prices will probably be pretty fucking high, and most of tha band that play Troyler are probably more fun to watch. I've seen these guys put on a couple good shows, but last time I saw them, people were sleeping in the audience (no joke). Fucked up these days are probably worth $5...the band couldn't look more bored to be playing...
tylerp
Site Admin

Post by tylerp »

but I like hidden world so much!
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂
wolfgang
VIHC Poster

Post by wolfgang »

I know most people will spend the $15 to see these guys anyway...bu that money would be way better spent buying three of their 7 inches. The band goes through the motions...plays the songs and looks bored...the singer does what he's paid to do. If everyone who pays $15 to see this, pooled their money, think of the killer show they could put on.
grind/bro
Message me for information on Christian youth groups in Victoria

Post by grind/bro »

i dunno i saw them in Vancouver about a year and a bit ago, they were full of energy, I got into the show for free because i arrived just in time to see their set from another show.
tylerp wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:00 pm made a baby hhhehehhh
keith.
Prefers Tide Coldwater

Post by keith. »

ill go
and i cant even name a single FU song

i agree with tyler. itll be a great stage to possibly promote VIHC and find a new kid or 2
Hollow
from the makers of infant hair dye

Post by Hollow »

keith. wrote:ill go

i agree with tyler. itll be a great stage to possibly promote VIHC and find a new kid or 2

I agree that this will be a prime opportunity to promote VIHC, and to possibly get more kids interested in other shows. I'm very excited for that possibility.

But make no mistake. This is a slap in the face. You do not go to a promoter to put on a show in another city. This is pretty fucking insulting. I'm gonna go to this show, I'm gonna have a wicked fucking time, and I'm gonna tell anyone in that band exactly how I feel about this. If they're the ones who decided to do this, then I'm gonna tell them they fucked up (HA). If it was their booking agent, I'm gonna let them know he's an asshole.

I just want to reiterate that I'm gonna have a great time at this show. I'm already excited to see them. I'm just not going to sit there and allow someone insult us this way and not let them know how I feel. I refuse to be a doormat.
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
wolfgang
VIHC Poster

Post by wolfgang »

The band has very little to do with where and when they play now...it's all handled by booking agents and agencies. When the band stops caring about where they are playing/who they're playing with, etc...that's usually when I stop caring about a band. I dunno...seeing a band like Fucked Up play smaller venue might still be OK...but at a place like Sugar, it just doesn't sound fun at all. That place is the least fun venue I've seen a show at in victoria.
dalamar501

Post by dalamar501 »

wolfgang wrote:The band has very little to do with where and when they play now...it's all handled by booking agents and agencies. When the band stops caring about where they are playing/who they're playing with, etc...that's usually when I stop caring about a band. I dunno...seeing a band like Fucked Up play smaller venue might still be OK...but at a place like Sugar, it just doesn't sound fun at all. That place is the least fun venue I've seen a show at in victoria.
Not entirely true. A lot of their tours /etc are now planned by booking agents and agencies. This band however does arrange shows of their own that aren't on this larger radar and still does smaller surprise house shows etc. It is not unheard of.
Victoria Straight Edge
tylerp wrote: I'm mostly stoked about turning things into money. it's like alchemy.
keith.
Prefers Tide Coldwater

Post by keith. »

they do a lot of secret shows and last minute stuff in the toronto area all the time, maybe they would be up for something here. if we were able to actually get ahold of someone that is
ZACH ATTACK
RAP SNACKS

Post by ZACH ATTACK »

Hollow wrote:

I agree that this will be a prime opportunity to promote VIHC, and to possibly get more kids interested in other shows. I'm very excited for that possibility.

But make no mistake. This is a slap in the face. You do not go to a promoter to put on a show in another city. This is pretty fucking insulting. I'm gonna go to this show, I'm gonna have a wicked fucking time, and I'm gonna tell anyone in that band exactly how I feel about this. If they're the ones who decided to do this, then I'm gonna tell them they fucked up (HA). If it was their booking agent, I'm gonna let them know he's an asshole.

I just want to reiterate that I'm gonna have a great time at this show. I'm already excited to see them. I'm just not going to sit there and allow someone insult us this way and not let them know how I feel. I refuse to be a doormat.
I can pretty much promise you that nobody was sitting around saying "Hey! Let's stick it to those assholes in Victoria!" It's probably a package tour with some indi rock bands and as such was handled like one. I also can't find any info on this show other than what's posted here and a LastFM page, so let's wait for some more info before getting our shirts in a knot.
I grew wings and a beak just to stay on my feet.
Peter
VIHC Poster

Post by Peter »

so excited.
dont care about the political shit, this will be fun.
keith.
Prefers Tide Coldwater

Post by keith. »

who has those business cards? this may be the only time we could use those haha
fucking pass every single one of those out that night
dalamar501

Post by dalamar501 »

ZACH ATTACK wrote:
Hollow wrote:

I can pretty much promise you that nobody was sitting around saying "Hey! Let's stick it to those assholes in Victoria!" It's probably a package tour with some indi rock bands and as such was handled like one. I also can't find any info on this show other than what's posted here and a LastFM page, so let's wait for some more info before getting our shirts in a knot.

it is listed on live vic
as well as on timbre promotions.
If it is a package it is fucked up's tour package. IT would have been to at least get asked to do the show since both us and cfuv have tried to contact / have contacted their booking agent so they know we book in this town rather than using an out of town booking agency. That is the onyl thing that bothers me really is that it isn't even a local promotion company
Victoria Straight Edge
dalamar501

Post by dalamar501 »

keith. wrote:they do a lot of secret shows and last minute stuff in the toronto area all the time, maybe they would be up for something here. if we were able to actually get ahold of someone that is

if someone ever took down their personal email they used to have up a few years ago they can ask if they want to do a secret house show before teh show i am a okay with that
Victoria Straight Edge