let's discuss this video (victoria police content)

Moderators: Andrew, dalamar501

KYLESTYLE
VIHC Poster

Re: let's discuss this video (victoria police content)

Post by KYLESTYLE »

Rude Boy Puff wrote:
ZACH ATTACK wrote:When I fuck up at my job nobody makes excuses for me and says things like "people act like cooks aren't human beings". They say "You fucked up" and there are consequences.
you arent gonna lose your job because you used oregano instead of rosemary
youll get told to smarten up
I don't think that example has any similarity to that of the sergeant.

This might work: a group of costumers at a restaurant gave a separate patron in the restaurant food poisoning, and in the meantime, two members of the group ordered a dish without peanuts, due to allergies, but the chef put peanuts in it as retribution and because of that, the two members were harmed by his action.

Still, a sous chef (or whatever Zach is) can't be compared in this scenario to an acting sergeant. Plus, there's a difference in intention between accidentally cooking with oregano instead of rosemary versus purposely cooking with it in order to hurt someone.
VIVA like
Rude Boy Puff
THE YOUTH'S IMMERSED IN POISON

Post by Rude Boy Puff »

KYLESTYLE wrote:
Rude Boy Puff wrote:
ZACH ATTACK wrote:When I fuck up at my job nobody makes excuses for me and says things like "people act like cooks aren't human beings". They say "You fucked up" and there are consequences.
you arent gonna lose your job because you used oregano instead of rosemary
youll get told to smarten up
I don't think that example has any similarity to that of the sergeant.

This might work: a group of costumers at a restaurant gave a separate patron in the restaurant food poisoning, and in the meantime, two members of the group ordered a dish without peanuts, due to allergies, but the chef put peanuts in it as retribution and because of that, the two members were harmed by his action.

Still, a sous chef (or whatever Zach is) can't be compared in this scenario to an acting sergeant. Plus, there's a difference in intention between accidentally cooking with oregano instead of rosemary versus purposely cooking with it in order to hurt someone.
First off Im not the one who compared the 2 but I can roll with it.
Food poisoning? please the 2 getting kicked got a couple bruises, only one went to hosptial and released in the morning cause the guy who got stomped out refused to press charges.
And a helpful tip for if your ever arrested in a physical manner ask to be taken to hospital because the hospital beats the drunk tank.
KYLESTYLE
VIHC Poster

Post by KYLESTYLE »

Are you saying that because the two arrested were only bruised by the sergeant's boots, and it wasn't more serious, that it's acceptable?

The measure of injury can justify actions? Assault is assault.

And to the previous matter:
Exactly, comparing Zach's job to that of a sergeant of police is completely dissimilar.
VIVA like
KYLESTYLE
VIHC Poster

Post by KYLESTYLE »

or in the case of the kitchen, A salt is a salt.
VIVA like
Rude Boy Puff

Post by Rude Boy Puff »

KYLESTYLE wrote:Are you saying that because the two arrested were only bruised by the sergeant's boots, and it wasn't more serious, that it's acceptable?

Exactly, comparing Zach's job to that of a sergeant of police is completely dissimilar.

Resisting arrest will get you injured.
Injuring your suspect while restraining him is not a crime.
He did so in an unprofessional manner so he'll be punished
but the punishment should fit the crime. The cop should not be crucified because were punk, ghetto, policital or whatever and like the police.
The more I read of this and discuss it the more I side with the police. This is a witch hunt
Rude Boy Puff

Post by Rude Boy Puff »

KYLESTYLE wrote:or in the case of the kitchen, A salt is a salt.
Im gonna pause and appriciate this LOL moment
KYLESTYLE
VIHC Poster

Post by KYLESTYLE »

Rude Boy Puff wrote:
KYLESTYLE wrote:Are you saying that because the two arrested were only bruised by the sergeant's boots, and it wasn't more serious, that it's acceptable?

Resisting arrest will get you injured.
Injuring your suspect while restraining him is not a crime.
He did so in an unprofessional manner so he'll be punished
but the punishment should fit the crime. The cop should not be crucified because were punk, ghetto, political or whatever and like the police.
The more I read of this and discuss it the more I side with the police. This is a witch hunt
"Resisting arrest will get you injured":
See, I don't agree with that. I know resisting arrest will increase your chance of injury, I've experienced that first hand and still have scars from the police dog, but in my humble opinion neither of those two were resisting.

"Injuring your suspect while restraining him is not a crime":
: I don't know if this is necessarily true. If it is, I'm sure there is a difference between beating the shit out of said detainee and kicking detainee twice? If this is true, that statement doesn't always work...

"but the punishment should fit the crime":
This is not up to a police officer to decide. Said police officer is not there to dish out justice, that's what our court systems are for.

Also, I watch a lot of 'The Wire' and I'd like to say, within the boundaries of that show and in this scenario, I can see the side of the police - though, I know it is just a show - so I wouldn't say I flat out like police or think ACAB, because that's just stereotypical bullshit.

I think this 'thread', or whatever we call what is happening here, is still a good argument...
VIVA like
Rude Boy Puff

Post by Rude Boy Puff »

KYLESTYLE wrote: "Resisting arrest will get you injured":
See, I don't agree with that. I know resisting arrest will increase your chance of injury, I've experienced that first hand and still have scars from the police dog, but in my humble opinion neither of those two were resisting.
If they werent resisting theyd be in hand cuffs and the whole thing would have been over in the morning when they left the drunk tank. Some people in this thread need to watch this video closer and see niether suspect is in cuffs.

"Injuring your suspect while restraining him is not a crime":
: I don't know if this is necessarily true. If it is, I'm sure there is a difference between beating the shit out of said detainee and kicking detainee twice? If this is true, that statement doesn't always work...

The suspects havent been detained yet so to say the police kicked a detainee would be incorrect.
reasonable force is justified in making an arrest. The kicks used are in the publics eye excessive, but lets put it in perspective 2 officers are struggling with a suspect most police would move up the use of force continuum to their tasers. Now with recent deaths this has also been deemed excessive by the public. What are the police to do when we say everything in their tool belts to keep themselves and the public safe is excessive. The arrest was made and they were free in the morning with a couple bruises.

"but the punishment should fit the crime":
This is not up to a police officer to decide. Said police officer is not there to dish out justice, that's what our court systems are for.
The punishment fitting the crime is directed at how the officer will be punished
matai

Post by matai »

yo yo yo sons. listen up to krs one!!!!

seriously though rude boy, no beef, but u sound like u love bacon
grind/bro
Message me for information on Christian youth groups in Victoria

Post by grind/bro »

i think he just sounds like he's arguing a position that isn't automatically like "FUCK PIGS CORPORATE RUN COUNTRYYYY SHOWERINGGGG IS GIVING IN" then playing a bunch of Nausea on a boombox.
tylerp wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:00 pm made a baby hhhehehhh
ZACH ATTACK
RAP SNACKS

Post by ZACH ATTACK »

Sweet ad hominem, dudes.
I grew wings and a beak just to stay on my feet.
grind/bro
Message me for information on Christian youth groups in Victoria

Post by grind/bro »

man whatever this is just an internet forum, i'm not going to sit here like it actually reflects my real personality/ideology.
tylerp wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:00 pm made a baby hhhehehhh
Hollow
from the makers of infant hair dye

Post by Hollow »

matai wrote:yo yo yo sons. listen up to krs one!!!!

Dude, I disagree with his position on this one, but Puff is one of the most solid dudes I know. No need to get uppity.
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
Rude Boy Puff

Post by Rude Boy Puff »

Turkey Bacon, Ive been trying to watch my weight.
Hollow
from the makers of infant hair dye

Post by Hollow »

It's hard to run from cops with all that extra bulk ;)
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
dalamar501
Known to his friends as "Troystin Tieber"

Post by dalamar501 »

basically no situation is as black and white as people make it out to be. I haven't stated it but i think i am leaning closer to where Pat is coming from. On a whole they should be held obviously to a higher level and hopefully using better judgment but as puff stated they were trying to diffuse a situation with the means they had. For the 2nd dude hands tied up with cuffs so had to resort to a kick. Also as stated tasers would normally be the weapon of choice to subdue an individual but a lot of negative press on said weapons over past while so they are left with very little tools to uphold "the law."

Also basically i think sarah's dad who is an ex cop we can all agree with the dude should be expelled from the force or at least charged with handling a situation in not so good way. Well the vancouver police are doing said investigation so we will se that.
Victoria Straight Edge
tylerp wrote: I'm mostly stoked about turning things into money. it's like alchemy.
Rude Boy Puff

Post by Rude Boy Puff »

I guess I have to point out the irony in having the Vancouver Police handle an excessive force investigation.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
KYLESTYLE
VIHC Poster

Post by KYLESTYLE »

I don't even know what is being argued anymore if we all agree that said officer should face punishment / a war crime committee? Is that not what everyone has said? Does that not admit that said officer was at fault enough to be held responsible for said actions? Maybe I'm wrong, it just seems like even Pat admits he was in the wrong enough to face consequence...
VIVA like
ian
VIHC Poster

Post by ian »

hahahaa
ZACH ATTACK
RAP SNACKS

Post by ZACH ATTACK »

From todays Times Colonist:

http://www.timescolonist.com/sports/Tee ... +-+News%29
Tyler Archer says he's the one who needed help.

A widely seen video posted on YouTube shows Archer being kicked by a Victoria police officer.

Police say they were breaking up a fight and trying to arrest the participants.

This is Archer's account of what happened.

Shortly after midnight Saturday, while walking along Store Street, he ended up in a fight with people he didn't know after rude comments were exchanged. His shirt was pulled over his head. He was dealt several hard blows to the head.

"I got out of there and got onto the grass [median next to the street] because my face was badly injured," said the 19-year-old Claremont grad, who plays defence for the Junior Shamrocks lacrosse team. "My friend told the cops I'd been attacked. I wanted to get help, but once they started coming at me, I understood they weren't trying to help me."

Five days later, he vividly recalls the sound of the kick and the pain that followed. "I remember screaming. I remember yelling and crying afterwards. It was probably the most painful thing I've ever felt," said the 6-foot-5, 250-pound lacrosse player, who has no criminal record.

The next day, he couldn't get out of bed.

He is suing Victoria police for assault and breach of his Charter rights. Lawyer Richard Neary said his client was confused and trying to comply with police commands. After being handcuffed, Archer was left face down on the ground for about 40 minutes, said Neary. He was then treated by paramedics and allowed to go home.
TO SERVE AND PROTECT!
I grew wings and a beak just to stay on my feet.