holy shit victoria!

Moderators: Andrew, dalamar501

stumped.
Prefers ke$ha

holy shit victoria!

Post by stumped. »

why are you so awsome??

you've got
-talk is cheap records (awsome cheap iggy pop shirt and a free wire pin?!)
-ocean island inn (cheap accomodation in the middle of dtown?)
-green cuisine (didn't get a chance to each there but everything looked delicious)
-black raven records (only got a chance to spend a couple minutes inside, but looked siiiick)
-lotus pond (we got the buffet, it wasn't the best. sweet and sour soya balls were off the fucking chain though, and i suspect if we ordered off the menu it would've been alot more impressive)
-monster gallery (say no to cock)
-sabris (we made the trip to tillicum from downtown to find it wasn't open, but indian buffets are always worth points)
-fucking wanna waffle (goddamn belgian sugar waffle rjkabgrhfafvhja)
-ditch records (THEY HAD RED KRAYOLA CD'S!!!)
-that dim sum place thats been around since 1923 (i have never been so full for so little in my life, everyone go get the shrimp toast)
holy FUCK!

the only things my lady and i were dissapointed with was the coffee (we went to habit because it was reccomended. way overpriced. my mocha was bitter as a nut, and her soy late tasted incredibly watered down) and the evolution nightclub (granted, i'm not sure what i expected. if nothing else it was really funny, no cover, and there was a special on jagerbombs so i can't complain too much)

all in all, thanks!

(also i saw some people from vihc!)
gonna do some coke off my doom cannon if you get my drift
Hollow
from the makers of infant hair dye

Re: holy shit victoria!

Post by Hollow »

stumped. wrote:why are you so awsome??

you've got
-talk is cheap records (awsome cheap iggy pop shirt and a free wire pin?!)
-ocean island inn (cheap accomodation in the middle of dtown?)
-green cuisine (didn't get a chance to each there but everything looked delicious)
-black raven records (only got a chance to spend a couple minutes inside, but looked siiiick)
-lotus pond (we got the buffet, it wasn't the best. sweet and sour soya balls were off the fucking chain though, and i suspect if we ordered off the menu it would've been alot more impressive)
-monster gallery (say no to cock)
-sabris (we made the trip to tillicum from downtown to find it wasn't open, but indian buffets are always worth points)
-fucking wanna waffle (goddamn belgian sugar waffle rjkabgrhfafvhja)
-ditch records (THEY HAD RED KRAYOLA CD'S!!!)
-that dim sum place thats been around since 1923 (i have never been so full for so little in my life, everyone go get the shrimp toast)
holy FUCK!

the only things my lady and i were dissapointed with was the coffee (we went to habit because it was reccomended. way overpriced. my mocha was bitter as a nut, and her soy late tasted incredibly watered down) and the evolution nightclub (granted, i'm not sure what i expected. if nothing else it was really funny, no cover, and there was a special on jagerbombs so i can't complain too much)

all in all, thanks!

(also i saw some people from vihc!)
Habit is usually pretty good, actually. Weird. I can definitely recommend Street Level Espresso next time, though. The guy who owns it, Ken Gordon, is probably one of the chillest dudes ever and makes a mean Americano.

Evo is always only for laughs. Never go for serious.

Definitely check out Sabri's next time, they're fucking epic. Also, you're absolutely right about Lotus Pond. Their buffet is good at 2:30 when it goes half-price, but really it's best to order off the menu cuz it comes hot and fresh to your table (much like Reece's mom).

Stoked you had a good time dude, definitely let us know the next time you're in town we'll bum around with you.
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
tylerp
Site Admin

Post by tylerp »

you're right, those sweet and sour mock chicken balls are the best part of the lotus buffet. but the whole thing is decent! and I agree about habit being overhyped. I think some people confuse the ultra hipsterdom going on there for decent coffee, as if the two are related. best marketing strategy ever.
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂
KYLESTYLE
VIHC Poster

Post by KYLESTYLE »

hipsterdom? aside from how annoying that word is, what do you expect from a coffee shop? Unless you consider Tim Hortons coffee...

Cafe Fantastico FTW
VIVA like
Andrew
Sea bass

Post by Andrew »

Love hanging in Victoria. Sweet people, and it caters greatly to my dislike of shopping. It's nice to get a record store, comic shops, shoe store, vegan food, guitar stores all on the same street or within a couple blocks. Plus a short drive to another sweet record store and guitar store. Hella convenient living. You can do in 20 minutes in Vic what takes hours in Van. I'd be stoked to live in Vic.
Jordan f.
Smoke Weed, Hail Satan

Post by Jordan f. »

KYLESTYLE wrote:Unless you consider Tim Hortons coffee...
I love TH coffee! Granted, I grew up drinking it at 6am before hockey games.
Victoria Straight Edge
keith.
Prefers Tide Coldwater

Post by keith. »

i havent done a good buffet since coming to vic
this needs to change
nicole
Probably not a spambot

Post by nicole »

been getting way too much lotus pond takeout.
their spring rolls and lemon chicken...god damn.
wolfgang
VIHC Poster

Post by wolfgang »

Hey man...glad you had a good time in Victoria...it was nice meeting you when you wondered into TALK'S CHEAP. Make sure to drop in next time you're in town...
dalamar501
Known to his friends as "Troystin Tieber"

Post by dalamar501 »

also odd i have enjoyed the coffee i have had at Habit the two times i have actually bought coffee there.
Cafe Fantastico is amazing. Streetlevel and Discovery are cool. 2% Jazz is okay if you are in that part of town.. which is a weird location i guess.
I am meh on Black Stilt. mostly it is closer to me than most downtown places.
there were a few others i have tried but can't really name.
Victoria Straight Edge
tylerp wrote: I'm mostly stoked about turning things into money. it's like alchemy.
wolfgang
VIHC Poster

Post by wolfgang »

Habit is usually very good...also convenient, since the shop is 3 doors down. Fantastico and Discovery are my faves too...but I haven't had a bad coffee at Habit yet.
Rude Boy Puff
THE YOUTH'S IMMERSED IN POISON

Post by Rude Boy Puff »

Jordan f. wrote:
Ok Sidney
Jordan f.
Smoke Weed, Hail Satan

Post by Jordan f. »

Rude Boy Puff wrote:
Jordan f. wrote:
Ok Sidney
keep your head up next time you're in the pit
Victoria Straight Edge
dalamar501
Known to his friends as "Troystin Tieber"

Post by dalamar501 »

Jordan f. wrote:
Rude Boy Puff wrote:
Jordan f. wrote:
Ok Sidney
keep your head up next time you're in the pit
dude you will not only have your wrist sprained your whole arm will enlarge and be sprained.... if you follow through with this.
Victoria Straight Edge
tylerp wrote: I'm mostly stoked about turning things into money. it's like alchemy.