Probably not a spambot

Re: Regarding Rifflandia

Post by justin »

where is talk's cheap?
wolfgang
VIHC Poster

Post by wolfgang »

Talk's Cheap is at 556 B Pandora....beside Nandos' Chicken and in the same building as Bliss/Mole/Habit. JUst off Pandora and Government.

The differnece between Rifflandia and a festival like Sled Island is that Rifflandia is put on a buy promotions company...they just book whoever is going to be in the area and who their contact represent. Sled Island has a group of people who come up with a wish list of bands they'd like to see play...and try to get them to come...then they fill in the rest of the roster with showcases curated by dudes wfrom bands with Cred (Wire, Fucked Up, KIng Khan and BBQ) and submissions from Sonic Bids. Sled Island isn't perfect...but it's alot more interesting than Rifflandia. BUt Sled Island wouldn't fly in Victoria.
grungePIG
VIHC Poster

Post by grungePIG »

i don't get all the like.
if you go out all 4 nights, $65 isn't even that much money. cover for your average bar show is like $10, right? so you're spending $25 more and given free run of the city with discounts all over the place.
i didn't wait in a single line last night and was all over the city, plus i've gotten discounts at habit, ditch, mo:le, noodle box, and pink bicycle that have made spending the money worth it for me.
sled island is a zillion times better, true, and that wall comment is unprofessional, but it seems like it'd be easier to just go to the free good parties and have fun there than like on rifflandia for costing a whole $65 to attend. i plan on going to events from both. and lee ranaldo last night was worth a billion times $65 so i'm happy already.
ZACH ATTACK
RAP SNACKS

Post by ZACH ATTACK »

I have issues with the way the fest is organized, but until they made that comment towards Talk's Cheap I was completely indifferent towards Rifflandia and filed it under the "not my steeze but whatever category." Now think of Atomique as trying to bully local business into supporting their ventures and throwing hissy fits when somebody says 'sorry pal, not into it." This whole episode just makes them look like whiny cry babies with a sense of entitlement the size of Texas. One really has to wonder about their grip on reality and their understanding of how grown ups behave if this is how they react to being told "No." They've taken the status update down from their facebook, but as far as I know they have yet to apologize to Tiemen. Just like a bully, when they get called out to just pretend nothing happened.
I grew wings and a beak just to stay on my feet.
age of quarrel
A FIRESTORM TO PURIFY

Post by age of quarrel »

zach nailed it
http://wearetonguetied.blogspot.com
Rude Boy Puff wrote:tommarow theyre gonna eat more pussy and sniff more cocaine then any of us have ever seen.
Just saying.
officespace
VIHC Poster

Post by officespace »

All i've read in this thread is Talk's Cheap is beside a NANDO's!!! FUUUUCKK.
age of quarrel wrote:No one poser exposes me more than the twins
Hollow
from the makers of infant hair dye

Post by Hollow »

grungePIG wrote:i don't get all the like.
if you go out all 4 nights, $65 isn't even that much money. cover for your average bar show is like $10, right? so you're spending $25 more and given free run of the city with discounts all over the place.
i didn't wait in a single line last night and was all over the city, plus i've gotten discounts at habit, ditch, mo:le, noodle box, and pink bicycle that have made spending the money worth it for me.
sled island is a zillion times better, true, and that wall comment is unprofessional, but it seems like it'd be easier to just go to the free good parties and have fun there than like on rifflandia for costing a whole $65 to attend. i plan on going to events from both. and lee ranaldo last night was worth a billion times $65 so i'm happy already.

Zach really nailed it, but I'd like to add my two cents: if the major draw for a festival is the discounts, count me out. I'm glad Lee Ranaldo was worth it for you. It isn't for me. I'm sorry no one on here likes this festival. I'm sure if it involved us in any way shape or form we'd be far more interested. However, it doesn't, and up until yesterday that was fine. But they crossed the line, attacked one of us, and then tried to sweep it under the rug. SO yeah, as Zach said: Atomique presented themselves as bullies and cowards, and they can get fucked as far as I'm concerned. I hope you continue to have fun, and know that I (and I'm pretty sure everyone else here) don't care if you go to and enjoy Rifflandia.
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
grind/bro
Message me for information on Christian youth groups in Victoria

Post by grind/bro »

Some of that language is mighty weighty there Willa "attack one of US"? Hahaha, getting a wee bit too into it...
tylerp wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:00 pm made a baby hhhehehhh
tylerp
Site Admin

Post by tylerp »

tiemen is blood. hardcore is like a wolf pack. you mess with one of US and you gonna get torn apart by our razor fangs.

now taking applications for a tough guy wolf-themed band.
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂
grind/bro
Message me for information on Christian youth groups in Victoria

Post by grind/bro »

Apes masquerading as wolves...
tylerp wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:00 pm made a baby hhhehehhh
Human-Demise
anyone out there still wishing cattle decapitation sounded like this?

Post by Human-Demise »

tylerp wrote:tiemen is blood. hardcore is like a wolf pack. you mess with one of US and you gonna get torn apart by our razor fangs.

now taking applications for a tough guy wolf-themed band.
i wanna be in your wolf themed tough guy band, can it be called dekalb wolfpack
"hahaha, you were moved, wuss."
keith.
Prefers Tide Coldwater

Post by keith. »

FUCKING PROUD, TO BE A PART OF THIS
EACH AND EVERY KID, IS MY BROTHER HERE
SHOULDER TO SHOULDER, OR BACK TO BACK
WERE UNITED, ITS THE YEAR OF THE PACKKKKKKKK
KYLESTYLE
VIHC Poster

Post by KYLESTYLE »

grind/bro wrote:Some of that language is mighty weighty there Willa "attack one of US"? Hahaha, getting a wee bit too into it...
I was going to say the same thing and that I didn't really agree with his attack, but then I realised I don't really care. Wolfpack forever (the WWF one).
VIVA like
Tambro
THE BANE THAT SOCIETY DROWNS IN

Post by Tambro »

(That was WCW, but nbd...)

(... not a nerd...)
I play bass. I play guitar. I do both poorly. What's up.
Peter
VIHC Poster

Post by Peter »

Tambro wrote:(That was WCW, but nbd...)

(... not a nerd...)
lolz
ZACH ATTACK
RAP SNACKS

Post by ZACH ATTACK »

Rifflandia is the 9/11 of indirock fests.
I grew wings and a beak just to stay on my feet.
Mikey
VIHC Poster

Post by Mikey »

wolfpac is back causin' mass destruction, Guess who's here? The Bad Boys of wreslin'

"There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind."
Tambro
THE BANE THAT SOCIETY DROWNS IN

Post by Tambro »

Wolfpack was just all the worst wrestlers. Like really, who fucking liked Lex Luger?
I play bass. I play guitar. I do both poorly. What's up.
Peter
VIHC Poster

Post by Peter »

Tambro wrote:Wolfpack was just all the worst wrestlers. Like really, who fucking liked Lex Luger?
Ugh. I know, right? I mean he moved and injured himself because he was on so many steroids. And the Macho Man. Yes the rap record is hilarious, but he was TERRIBLE.
Jordan f.
Smoke Weed, Hail Satan

Post by Jordan f. »

keith. wrote:FUCKING PROUD, TO BE A PART OF THIS
EACH AND EVERY KID, IS MY BROTHER HERE
SHOULDER TO SHOULDER, OR BACK TO BACK
WERE UNITED, ITS THE YEAR OF THE PACKKKKKKKK
WOLFPACK
don't give us any shit
WOLFPACK
or you're gonna get hit