Introduce yourself

Moderators: Andrew, dalamar501

fiveohfour
VIHC Poster

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by fiveohfour »

KYLE D. wrote:
Fish wrote:
KYLE D. wrote:name: Kyle Doneley (aka metal hunter)
favorite bands: Judas Priest and thrash stuff and hardcore stuff
bands: Forceful Death (sick thrash out of duncan)
WHOA, HI KYLE! :D
hey fish yeah i am on here now it took me forever to figure shit out but i did it :D
It's true, I had to go over to his place today and help him hahah
ragamuffin straight edge
fiveohfour
VIHC Poster

Post by fiveohfour »

Human-Demise wrote:
KYLE D. wrote:
Jordan f. wrote:Don't forget NITRO TROOPER!

damn how could i forget NITRO TROOPER. well Nitro Trooper still needs a drumer. and that hat i think has been more places and seen more shit than i have my hat its a Nirto Trooper!
is nitro trooper thrash by chance, id be interested in trying out for drums.
It's not actually called that and it would be a hardcore band, sorry.
ragamuffin straight edge
Fish
VIHC Poster

Post by Fish »

fiveohfour wrote:
KYLE D. wrote:
Fish wrote:
hey fish yeah i am on here now it took me forever to figure shit out but i did it :D
Oh dear haha.
Well, I believe it. Glad you're on the forums now d:
<x><
KYLE D.

Post by KYLE D. »

Fish wrote:
fiveohfour wrote:
KYLE D. wrote:
Fish wrote:
Oh dear haha.
Well, I believe it. Glad you're on the forums now d:
it is too NITRO TROOPER every one look out for the BUZZ BOMB EP in the future!! :D
Jordan f.
Smoke Weed, Hail Satan

Post by Jordan f. »

fiveohfour wrote:
Human-Demise wrote:
KYLE D. wrote:
Jordan f. wrote:Don't forget NITRO TROOPER!

damn how could i forget NITRO TROOPER. well Nitro Trooper still needs a drumer. and that hat i think has been more places and seen more shit than i have my hat its a Nirto Trooper!
is nitro trooper thrash by chance, id be interested in trying out for drums.
It's not actually called that and it would be a hardcore band, sorry.
Then what am I supposed to do with all these Nitro Trooper- Buzz Bomb EP demo covers???
Victoria Straight Edge
blowuptheworld

Post by blowuptheworld »

Hey there all.

Me name be Tom.

I dig raw, noisy, harsh stuff like Order From Chaos, Incantation, Human Remains, ect, as well as epic as hell old school metal like Judas Priest, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, and Manilla Road! It would be tough to pick a favourite band, but I would say DEMILLICH, BURZUM (please don't flame me!), or GORGUTS gets that award! Other stuff I am really getting into is ambient and crossover.

I am pretty new to Victoria/Van Island and would like to meet some cool folks to jam with!
Hollow
from the makers of infant hair dye

Post by Hollow »

Lots of Burzum fans on this board, dude. I wouldn't worry about that. As long as you're not down with Varg's personal opinions, I don't think anyone will care all that much. Where did you move from and what kind of band do you wanna start? If you play drums, people are gonna be throwing hookers through your window trying to get you into bands.
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
grind/bro
Message me for information on Christian youth groups in Victoria

Post by grind/bro »

blowuptheworld wrote:I dig raw, noisy, harsh stuff like Order From Chaos, Incantation, Human Remains, ect, as well as epic as hell old school metal like Judas Priest, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, and Manilla Road! It would be tough to pick a favourite band, but I would say DEMILLICH, BURZUM (please don't flame me!), or GORGUTS gets that award! Other stuff I am really getting into is ambient and crossover.

I am pretty new to Victoria/Van Island and would like to meet some cool folks to jam with!
Sir, you have chosen wisely. Proceed.
tylerp wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:00 pm made a baby hhhehehhh
blowuptheworld

Post by blowuptheworld »

Hollow wrote:Lots of Burzum fans on this board, dude. I wouldn't worry about that. As long as you're not down with Varg's personal opinions, I don't think anyone will care all that much. Where did you move from and what kind of band do you wanna start? If you play drums, people are gonna be throwing hookers through your window trying to get you into bands.
I play guitar, bass, and do harsh/clean vocals. Although, my cleans would be much better if I quit smoking haha.

Most of my riffs fall between harsh black/death, Celtic Frost/DRI/Slayer worship, or really melodic-y, kinda like Rush playing norse black metal!

But im down with pretty much anything. A traditional doom band or metallic hardcore or grind band has been something I always wanted to do.

I'm from Calgary originally btw.
canon.docre
Grey Metal

Post by canon.docre »

check your pm's blowuptheworld
dougmacminn
VIHC Poster

Post by dougmacminn »

gosh - where to start......

signed up quite a long time ago but in my characteristic daffiness I promptly forgot about all this board. Yes - I'm the laziest, most uninspired, uninclined, out-of-the-loop (did I mention lazy?) mofo around. Back in the '90's, I definitely "supported the scene", but trust me, as you get older, you will lose that drive.

'91 - '94 Our Testicles Touch the Ground
'91 - '94 Mexican Power Authority
'95 - '96 Exploding Nimoy
'96 - '97 Soy
'98 - '10 Peruke
'99 - '03 Champions of Hell
'02 - '04 Repulverzer
'11 - Soy

was truckin along with the Peruke thing for some time, and then the amazing Cruiser got back in town again after one of his mind-blowing cycling odysseys, and it was like - ok - let's get the Soy machine up and running again.
currently have four new songs, and we hope to have a full set list by late summer.
the usual - powerviolence/deathgrind.
Tyler - thanks for straightening out my username! Too bad I have six triilion photos of myself that are all 62 point motherfucking 5 kiB.
have resigned to the fact that I'll never be John Longstreth.
grind/bro
Message me for information on Christian youth groups in Victoria

Post by grind/bro »

Doug Macminn has started posting here. A golden age has arrived.
tylerp wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:00 pm made a baby hhhehehhh
trappedinside
Posting while trapped inside an elevator

Post by trappedinside »

rad that soy is going again... play shows!
dalamar501
Known to his friends as "Troystin Tieber"

Post by dalamar501 »

trappedinside wrote:rad that soy is going again... play shows!
Victoria Straight Edge
tylerp wrote: I'm mostly stoked about turning things into money. it's like alchemy.
dougmacminn
VIHC Poster

Post by dougmacminn »

thanks for the kind words

we hope to have nine or ten new tunes by the end of summer and play shows, and maybe dust off an old one like "Context is Everything" possibly. One setback in playing house gigs is that there's usually just a "people's kit" (one kit shared among all drummers). At the risk of sounding like a total and complete wank, I'd rather not let anyone sit behind my kit, and I sure can't use anyone else's, so, when the time comes, and if we're able to - say - play first (so that I can quickly break down my kit after our set) then that would be fine and dandy kinda thing, if that's cool with the other bands/whoever's putting on the gig. But that's still a way's away yet. Do people still smoke cigarettes at these things? (I TOLD YA I'm out of the loop) ;)
Rude Boy Puff
THE YOUTH'S IMMERSED IN POISON

Post by Rude Boy Puff »

I just quit and need a new E smoke.
dalamar501
Known to his friends as "Troystin Tieber"

Post by dalamar501 »

dougmacminn wrote:thanks for the kind words

we hope to have nine or ten new tunes by the end of summer and play shows, and maybe dust off an old one like "Context is Everything" possibly. One setback in playing house gigs is that there's usually just a "people's kit" (one kit shared among all drummers). At the risk of sounding like a total and complete wank, I'd rather not let anyone sit behind my kit, and I sure can't use anyone else's, so, when the time comes, and if we're able to - say - play first (so that I can quickly break down my kit after our set) then that would be fine and dandy kinda thing, if that's cool with the other bands/whoever's putting on the gig. But that's still a way's away yet. Do people still smoke cigarettes at these things? (I TOLD YA I'm out of the loop) ;)
If it is a show at my house drums aren't usually shared unless they are touring bands that are sharing gear. Since it is usually only 3 bands on the bill usually time for bands to load / set between sets.
People smoke cigarettes on my back deck.
Victoria Straight Edge
tylerp wrote: I'm mostly stoked about turning things into money. it's like alchemy.
dougmacminn
VIHC Poster

Post by dougmacminn »

dalamar501 wrote:
If it is a show at my house drums aren't usually shared unless they are touring bands that are sharing gear. Since it is usually only 3 bands on the bill usually time for bands to load / set between sets.
People smoke cigarettes on my back deck.

rad

can I still say that?
keith.
Prefers Tide Coldwater

Post by keith. »

you may
howie_wowie

Post by howie_wowie »

I guess I'm the new guy now.

My name is Howie. Just moved to Victoria from Vancouver, but I grew up here.

I like Blitzkid, Death, Maiden, Norma Jean, and your mom when her cheques don't bounce.

I've played bass for Vancouver bands Southern Death Threat and Albert Fish, and Victoria bands Pariah and Gallows End.

Looking to start a horror punk band where I play guitar. No makeup or cheesy stage props. Just horror influenced punk rock that doesn't sound like the Misfits.