Wanna be in a band?

Moderators: Andrew, dalamar501

KYLESTYLE
VIHC Poster

Re: Wanna be in a band?

Post by KYLESTYLE »

there's no crying in baseball.

i just want to cover war pigs (not the band, sabbath for god's sake).
VIVA like
Hollow
from the makers of infant hair dye

Post by Hollow »

Peter wrote:
dalamar501 wrote:
tylerp wrote:vihc: "WE TAKE HARDCORE SERIOUSLY"
I think hunter's post was tongue in cheek since the dude's in a band about tacos and ferries and stuff
i don't think it was tongue in cheek....
as dude was seriously bummed on VH usually
oh, i didnt know you couldnt be in a hardcore band because its fun. oh, well, nevermind. im out then.

I'm all about being into hardcore cuz it's fun.
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
soxfullanikkels
VIHC Poster

Post by soxfullanikkels »

Peter, You're not out. And war pigs is in.
ZACH ATTACK
RAP SNACKS

Post by ZACH ATTACK »

How can you guys laugh when there's so much suffering in the world? Hardcore's supposed to be about taking everything way to seriously, judging everybody all the time, and handing out pamphlets to spread awareness about anrchofemiveganism. If you want to have fun then I'm sure there are plenty of apathetic pop-punk bands that would love to have you at their shows.
I grew wings and a beak just to stay on my feet.
soxfullanikkels
VIHC Poster

Still looking for a drummer. Any Takers? Minimal skill required.
ZACH ATTACK
RAP SNACKS

Post by ZACH ATTACK »

I can do a shitty scissor beat.
soxfullanikkels
VIHC Poster

Sounds Good. How shitty?
Rude Boy Puff
THE YOUTH'S IMMERSED IN POISON

Post by Rude Boy Puff »

ZACH ATTACK wrote:How can you guys laugh when there's so much suffering in the world? Hardcore's supposed to be about taking everything way to seriously, judging everybody all the time, and handing out pamphlets to spread awareness about anrchofemiveganism. If you want to have fun then I'm sure there are plenty of apathetic pop-punk bands that would love to have you at their shows.
I was with you 100% until I read pamphlets. UGH
age of quarrel
A FIRESTORM TO PURIFY

Post by age of quarrel »

ZACH ATTACK wrote:How can you guys laugh when there's so much suffering in the world? Hardcore's supposed to be about taking everything way to seriously, judging everybody all the time, and handing out pamphlets to spread awareness about anrchofemiveganism. If you want to have fun then I'm sure there are plenty of apathetic pop-punk bands that would love to have you at their shows.
yeah i guess your right, punk rock really shouldnt be a vehicle of forward thinking. guess im out
http://wearetonguetied.blogspot.com
Rude Boy Puff wrote:tommarow theyre gonna eat more pussy and sniff more cocaine then any of us have ever seen.
Just saying.
Jordan f.
Smoke Weed, Hail Satan

Post by Jordan f. »

honestly I can see both sides of this argument. VH was pretty much saying "hardcore is a joke", at the same time I found the joke funny...

Hardcore should be about something. I know Zach, Willa and the other dudes who liked VH will agree with me on this. Truth be told, Vic Hardcore is just to laid back. I thought the band was funny. A wise man once said something along the lines of "I love music that is talking shit about me"-Lord Puffin.

I hope this next band is actually serious and writes intelligent lyrics.

Also, Devlan is a dogg. Had Heart reunion?
Victoria Straight Edge
Rude Boy Puff
THE YOUTH'S IMMERSED IN POISON

Post by Rude Boy Puff »

Jordan f. wrote:honestly I can see both sides of this argument. VH was pretty much saying "hardcore is a joke", at the same time I found the joke funny...

Hardcore should be about something. I know Zach, Willa and the other dudes who liked VH will agree with me on this. Truth be told, Vic Hardcore is just to laid back. I thought the band was funny. A wise man once said something along the lines of "I love music that is talking shit about me"-Lord Puffin.

I hope this next band is actually serious and writes intelligent lyrics.

Also, Devlan is a dogg. Had Heart reunion?
Did I say that? Not sure. Maybe sounds like me.
I definatly like "joke" hardcore as they call it bands like casey jones or good clean fun. What sucks even more is when kids who arent even into hardcore make their funny joke hardcore bands. I never saw VH and dont really know any of its members so dont take that comment personally you coulda wrote the next age of querral for all I know, but the name of your band suggests otherwise and you know how we all judge books. Victorias reputation for laid back hardcore is the main reason Im all over the nuts of Promises. Holy fuck a hardcore band that takes this medium seriously. A band that would make me want a shirt that said Victoria Hardcore.

Whos gonna beat Zach to tearing this post apart?
keith.
Prefers Tide Coldwater

Post by keith. »

i dont even like people that take themselves too seriously

i like fun
sue me
soxfullanikkels
VIHC Poster

Oh, Had Heart. That bastion of morality. Whenever you want, Foote. Whenever you want.
Jordan f.
Smoke Weed, Hail Satan

Post by Jordan f. »

hahahah puffin, that was a quote during a conversation about Earth Crisis and I think it was followed with "that's why when I hear rappers talking about hating the white man I'm like 'FUCK YEAH! I SUCK' ya know?"
Victoria Straight Edge
KYLESTYLE
VIHC Poster

Post by KYLESTYLE »

1. i was in 'til i heard minimal skill required. i'd rather not be in a band that can't play instruments... moreover, i want to tear my eyelids off when a band plays and the drummer can't drum; it's like middle school. that's just me though, i still like the idea of starting this hardcore band.

2. also, there's a time for everything. vegan holocaust made me laugh, but then i try not to take myself too seriously. also, i definitely don't take hardcore seriously, so like keith said, "sue me."
VIVA like
ZACH ATTACK
RAP SNACKS

Post by ZACH ATTACK »

age of quarrel wrote:
yeah i guess your right, punk rock really shouldnt be a vehicle of forward thinking. guess im out
Forward thinking like songs about tacos and pizza shields in the mosh pit?

Anyways, I take hardcore seriously. If I didn't I wouldn't be in a band, throwing benefit shows, working with the VIHC society, contributing to zines (not necessarily punk, but DIY all the same), mailing friends in ontario demos and mix tapes from local bands, or this that and the other. I think it's kind of ridiculous that I need to clarify this. But I also guess I'm secure enough with my self and my culture that I'm not going to get all butt hurt over a good natured ribbing.
Jordan f.
Smoke Weed, Hail Satan

Post by Jordan f. »

Vile Style and Vegan Holocaust were two different things.
Victoria Straight Edge
keith.
Prefers Tide Coldwater

Post by keith. »

personally i dont really see a very big difference. and thats not a jab at you guys.

fun police
KYLESTYLE
VIHC Poster

Post by KYLESTYLE »

Jordan f. wrote:Vile Style and Vegan Holocaust were two different things.
i liked both for the same reason, fun; not dissimilar in my view.
VIVA like
dalamar501
Known to his friends as "Troystin Tieber"

Post by dalamar501 »

just to clarify hunter never wrote the lyrics for Vile Style.
and after the first few shows he hated being in that band more and more.

that last show they did at the fest he was fuckin pissed to be doing it hah
Victoria Straight Edge
tylerp wrote: I'm mostly stoked about turning things into money. it's like alchemy.