Re: Wanna be in a band?

Post by aidan »

Also, Troy: See you tonight!
keith.
Prefers Tide Coldwater

Post by keith. »

nah no thanks
i dont think we even need mods here. were all friends. whatever.

Willa quit being a baby you big baby
hey come get drunk with me and tambo tonight youll feel better
dalamar501
Known to his friends as "Troystin Tieber"

Post by dalamar501 »

tylerp wrote:alright, I've taken your badge. enjoy civilian life. I took zach's too because I like the idea of new people doing it after a while because that's fun! and I gave it to Troy Lemberg, Honest Dude, 2009 because he'll actually update the upcoming shows and jordan because he's in austrailia and that's hilarious. next up... gibas and keith? oh god.

I'm just realizing that maybe I should have asked zach first? what do you think? I never know how to do things...with people... but making him a moderator was just as spontaneous and it's not like it's an actual important role, just something fun.

DUDE YOU CAN NOT BREAK UP the ticket

its like the us presidential race

MY running mate was Gibas

Keith and Jordan should be together ha
Victoria Straight Edge
tylerp wrote: I'm mostly stoked about turning things into money. it's like alchemy.
keith.
Prefers Tide Coldwater

Post by keith. »

tylerp wrote:I think that's the reasoning for Mt Crushmore too, though that band might not be up many of our alleys.
i just wanna say ive seen CRUSHMORE twice in the past and they are fun as hell and that band rule and every year i wish they would play again :(

please ask them to come onto hardcore fest this year guys. they could probably bring like 100 THESET kids out to it too
dalamar501

Post by dalamar501 »

keith. wrote:
tylerp wrote:I think that's the reasoning for Mt Crushmore too, though that band might not be up many of our alleys.
i just wanna say ive seen CRUSHMORE twice in the past and they are fun as hell and that band rule and every year i wish they would play again :(

please ask them to come onto hardcore fest this year guys. they could probably bring like 100 THESET kids out to it too

pretty sure they aren't really a band any more from when i have talked to Joshua about it
Victoria Straight Edge
tylerp wrote: I'm mostly stoked about turning things into money. it's like alchemy.
keith.
Prefers Tide Coldwater

Post by keith. »

plenty of time for them to jam out the 6 or so songs they had
i think it was over 2 years ago they did those shows :? drag. it was a cancer bat tour and then once way up in port alberni at a Set show
Peter
VIHC Poster

Post by Peter »

keith. wrote:plenty of time for them to jam out the 6 or so songs they had
i think it was over 2 years ago they did those shows :? drag. it was a cancer bat tour and then once way up in port alberni at a Set show
they played at James Bay with Grave Maker (?) once too,
dalamar501

Post by dalamar501 »

Peter wrote:
keith. wrote:plenty of time for them to jam out the 6 or so songs they had
they played at James Bay with Grave Maker (?) once too,
true.
i booked that
Victoria Straight Edge
soxfullanikkels
VIHC Poster

Post by soxfullanikkels »

Man, I am all posi-vibes. 100%.
And I got a photo of that jersey..... It is a peach.
ZACH ATTACK
RAP SNACKS

Post by ZACH ATTACK »

tylerp wrote:alright, I've taken your badge. enjoy civilian life. I took zach's too because I like the idea of new people doing it after a while because that's fun! and I gave it to Troy Lemberg, Honest Dude, 2009 because he'll actually update the upcoming shows and jordan because he's in austrailia and that's hilarious. next up... gibas and keith? oh god.

I'm just realizing that maybe I should have asked zach first? what do you think? I never know how to do things...with people... but making him a moderator was just as spontaneous and it's not like it's an actual important role, just something fun.

*edit: zach is BACK!
Eh, I don't really care. I only wanted to a moderator because I thought it would give the power to created word filters. If I had any real interest in actually moderating things I would have locked this thread a long time ago.
I grew wings and a beak just to stay on my feet.
tylerp
Site Admin

Post by tylerp »

hey, good idea! okay cool.

god I wish word filters weren't in the admin panel.
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂
grind/bro
Message me for information on Christian youth groups in Victoria

Post by grind/bro »

Hollow wrote:No, really, I'm seriously done with this. Just remove my status, I might pop on once in a while here or there, but I'm too busy, and too fed up with it. The internet once again makes me like myself. Good work.

Tyler, good goddamn points and I wish I had thought of them sooner. Oh well, arguments over and we're all sulking in our corners. Time to take my ball and go home.
tylerp wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:00 pm made a baby hhhehehhh
age of quarrel
A FIRESTORM TO PURIFY

Post by age of quarrel »

I cant believe how big this thread blew up
ZACH ATTACK wrote:
dalamar501 wrote:just to clarify hunter never wrote the lyrics for Vile Style.
and after the first few shows he hated being in that band more and more.

that last show they did at the fest he was fuckin pissed to be doing it hah
Maybe I'm mistaken here, but I don't think that anybody forced him to be in Vile Style. I'm also pretty sure he make his own excuses. Not to be a dick, I just like it when people speak for make excuses for other people.
zach, you are right. no one forced me to be. when mark approached me about vile style he wanted to start a band to get kids in victoria re stoked on hardcore. I was very stoked on this idea so I agreed, later finding out that mark intened to write everything for this band so really I was just playing in marks band. I was uneasy about using marks lyrics for the simple reason of they werent my own and they were goofy as fuck. we were all under the impression that the band was going to be very shortlived so i ended up just sucking it up and rolling with if figuring we would put out a demo, play a few shows, break up then look back and laugh at how silly vile style was. but that didnt happen it just sort of kept on going and I only stuck with it because people seemed to like it, I had nothing better to do and I know mark was very stoked about vile style and I didnt want to let him down so yes nobody forced me to do this. and troy wasnt making excuses, infact he knows more about how i felt about vile style than anybody else except maybe jordan.
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Now this is the last thing I have to say on this topic:

This is hardcore

This is what's going on in this thread

If you don't like a band that's fine. If a band offends your punx as fuck sensiblities that's fine too. But don't get all high and mighty and start acting like your interpretation of hardcore is the only valid one.
zach, you are right, we end up butting heads along this board and I want you to know that I respect your opinions on this shit, think you are a stand up dude and can see where you are comming from.
Hollow wrote:And I wasn't attacking Terror, its always a good time when I see them, I'm just pointing out that hardcore has always had bands that weren't about positive messages or moving things forward (COUGHINTEGRITYCOUGH). How are they any better than a band that plays semi-ludicrous songs? Why must we take ourselves so fucking seriously? No offense, dude, but that's kind of what killed Vancouver Hardcore isn't it? An undeserving arrogance and overbearing attitude?
circles
vacant state
keep it clear
damages
set to go
damages
slingshot
persistence of time
dead meat
matt haydons new band, forget their name
D-macs new band
tempest
crosscheck
spill your guts
vancouver hardcore is not dead
http://wearetonguetied.blogspot.com
Rude Boy Puff wrote:tommarow theyre gonna eat more pussy and sniff more cocaine then any of us have ever seen.
Just saying.
keith.
Prefers Tide Coldwater

Post by keith. »

can we all hug now pls
bro grabs
age of quarrel
A FIRESTORM TO PURIFY

Post by age of quarrel »

group trip to (wo)man mountain
Rude Boy Puff wrote:tommarow theyre gonna eat more pussy and sniff more cocaine then any of us have ever seen.
Just saying.
grind/bro

Post by grind/bro »

ITS JUST MUSIC.
ITS JUST A MESSAGEBOARD.
IF YOURE LETTING IT GET TO YOU, YOU'RE A BABY.
ZACH ATTACK
RAP SNACKS

Post by ZACH ATTACK »

I'd agree with that if we didn't all know each other in real life and the purpose of this message board wasn't to serve as a meeting place for our community, so no.
Last edited by ZACH ATTACK on Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZACH ATTACK
RAP SNACKS

Post by ZACH ATTACK »

age of quarrel wrote: zach, you are right, we end up butting heads along this board and I want you to know that I respect your opinions on this shit, think you are a stand up dude and can see where you are comming from.
It's all good dude. I don't have problem with you personally, we just disagree with each other on a lot of shit. But conflict is a good thing and I'd rathear be arguing with people I know and like about things a that are important than with B9 nerdvirgins over weather or not Trash Talk is the Black Flag of our generation.
grind/bro

Post by grind/bro »

ZACH ATTACK
RAP SNACKS

Post by ZACH ATTACK »

ZACH ATTACK wrote:I'd agree with that if we didn't all know each other in real life and the purpose of this message board wasn't to serve as a meeting place for our community, so no.
This isn't the Relapse board.