Wanna be in a band?

Moderators: Andrew, dalamar501

Hollow
from the makers of infant hair dye

Re: Wanna be in a band?

Post by Hollow »

age of quarrel wrote:
Hollow wrote:And I wasn't attacking Terror, its always a good time when I see them, I'm just pointing out that hardcore has always had bands that weren't about positive messages or moving things forward (COUGHINTEGRITYCOUGH). How are they any better than a band that plays semi-ludicrous songs? Why must we take ourselves so fucking seriously? No offense, dude, but that's kind of what killed Vancouver Hardcore isn't it? An undeserving arrogance and overbearing attitude?
circles
vacant state
keep it clear
damages
set to go
damages
slingshot
persistence of time
dead meat
matt haydons new band, forget their name
D-macs new band
tempest
crosscheck
spill your guts
vancouver hardcore is not dead

Yes, I know. That is why I apologized earlier in this thread.

BUT ONCE MORE WITH FEELING:

I have my problems with Vancouver Hardcore. They are known to most people. I still like 90% of the people I meet from the Vancouver scene, I just tend to find the way it is set up to run counter to how I personally like to do things. That is why I live on the island. I like the way things here go. Whether or not I dig Vancouver gives me no right to make snotty remarks like a pretentious asshole. That wasn't cool. SO FOR THE SECOND TIME, I'm sorry.

Now after this, anyone who quotes that shit gets the full brunt of my nerd rage.

RAAAGE.

And Nick, Zach's right. If this was a huge, anonymous messageboard, I'd be all "psh, whatevs", but since I personally know almost everyone here, I kind of take offense when one or more of them lashes out at me/my friends. These people know me on a personal level, and should know how I live and what I believe and not treat me like I'm just another shit stain to wipe off their feet.
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
Rude Boy Puff
THE YOUTH'S IMMERSED IN POISON

Post by Rude Boy Puff »

Seems like the only people not upset that 2 people dont like vegan holocaust are the members of vegan holocaust.
Im glad I went out after reading those last couple pages and didnt just post the first thing that popped into my head
I miss Willa

Moderator Hollow RIP
September 24th 2009-January 7th 2010
Do not pass by my epitaph, traveler.
But having stopped, listen and learn, then go your way.
There is no boat in Hades, no ferryman Charon,
No caretaker Aiakos, no dog Cerberus.
All we who are dead below
Have become bones and ashes, but nothing else.
I have spoken to you honestly, go on, traveler,
Lest even while dead I seem loquacious to you.
New West Crew
LET THE ROUNDUPS BEGIN

Post by New West Crew »

For the record: Hardcore is serious.

Also, Hardcore isn't for everyone, I don't feel a need to accept everyone who happens to be at a hardcore show.

That being said, in the words of a wise man :"We may not be friends, but we are all peers"
Jordan f.
Smoke Weed, Hail Satan

Post by Jordan f. »

I'm a mod? Hahaha word!

secondly, I didn't think anyone was taking this thread that serious. I agree with Aiden, Posi-Vibes yo!

Big gulps eh? Welp, see ya later
Victoria Straight Edge
Rude Boy Puff

Post by Rude Boy Puff »

New West Crew wrote:For the record: Hardcore is serious.

Also, Hardcore isn't for everyone, I don't feel a need to accept everyone who happens to be at a hardcore show.

That being said, in the words of a wise man :"We may not be friends, but we are all peers"
buy this man a coke
Hollow
from the makers of infant hair dye

Post by Hollow »

Rude Boy Puff wrote:Seems like the only people not upset that 2 people dont like vegan holocaust are the members of vegan holocaust.
Im glad I went out after reading those last couple pages and didnt just post the first thing that popped into my head
I miss Willa

Moderator Hollow RIP
September 24th 2009-January 7th 2010
Do not pass by my epitaph, traveler.
But having stopped, listen and learn, then go your way.
There is no boat in Hades, no ferryman Charon,
No caretaker Aiakos, no dog Cerberus.
All we who are dead below
Have become bones and ashes, but nothing else.
I have spoken to you honestly, go on, traveler,
Lest even while dead I seem loquacious to you.

HA.

I'm sorry. This whole thing was a worthless fucking fight. No excuses, my temper has just been off the charts lately for no real reason. This whole episode was cranky and dumb of me. I mean, I still think I was right, but I could have said things in a much better way, or just not said them at all. Whether I'm right or not means nothing. This was a ridiculous stupid fight.

I dunno, I'm not good at apologies, and I don't like making them. I'm just also tired of losing friends over my stupid fucking pride.
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
Tambro
THE BANE THAT SOCIETY DROWNS IN

Post by Tambro »

@ Rad Vancouver guys:
I really appreciate that, I'll definitely get in contact with you when we're in a place we're feeling confident about going over there, not quite sure where that is since we're all busy with school/work, but the demo will be out hopefully next week and I'll link the myspace on here when that happens.
I play bass. I play guitar. I do both poorly. What's up.
age of quarrel
A FIRESTORM TO PURIFY

Post by age of quarrel »

want to hear this demo, play new westminster mmm baby yes
http://wearetonguetied.blogspot.com
Rude Boy Puff wrote:tommarow theyre gonna eat more pussy and sniff more cocaine then any of us have ever seen.
Just saying.
Andrew
Sea bass

Post by Andrew »

Hollow wrote: I have my problems with Vancouver Hardcore. They are known to most people. I still like 90% of the people I meet from the Vancouver scene, I just tend to find the way it is set up to run counter to how I personally like to do things.
I'm interested to hear your thoughts on this Willa, and not for the sake of argument, I'm genuinely interested in your take on things. If you'd like to chat feel free to PM me if you don't want to post on it.
KRS-ONE

Post by KRS-ONE »

FREE MUMIA ABU JAMAL
JRIA
VIHC Poster

Post by JRIA »

i just read this all
Willa is now a dead mod?
funny cause i was just thinking "just fucking die already."

:D
your pal, JR.
Rude Boy Puff

Post by Rude Boy Puff »

Willa's Mod status was killed, Zach Martyred his for Allah and Blast master KRS had to mediate the release of hostages.
1/08/10 Never Forget
ZACH ATTACK
RAP SNACKS

Post by ZACH ATTACK »

72 virgins isn't as cool as you might think. None of them have any idea what they're doing and keep saying shit like "is this okay? does it feel good?"
I grew wings and a beak just to stay on my feet.
JRIA
VIHC Poster

Post by JRIA »

did no one get my joke?
or was it not clever?
your pal, JR.
KYLESTYLE
VIHC Poster

Post by KYLESTYLE »

JRIA wrote:did no one get my joke?